Calling all Zumo owners !

jbj

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,:bounce1
Calling all the Zumo owners that have tapped the power for the unit off the front aux socket, does any body have in their tool box the remains of the original power lead:nenau
I just require the end that connects to the battery and the fuse, not the special moulded connector.
Failing that does any one know the correct fuse rating so i can take a trip to halfauds to make a new lead up ?
If you have one, please PM me with your details and costs
Thanks in advance
John.:bow :tumbleweed

Hi All,:bounce1
Calling all the Zumo owners that have tapped the power for the unit off the front aux socket, does any body have in their tool box the remains of the original power lead:nenau
I just require the end that connects to the battery and the fuse, not the special moulded connector.
Failing that does any one know the correct fuse rating so i can take a trip to halfauds to make a new lead up ?
If you have one, please PM me with your details and costs
Thanks in advance
John.:bow :tumbleweed

may have a fuse holder, very simmilar to the zumo one it hasn't got a fuse though, which is 2amp:augie

A 5 Amp fuse will be plenty enough. The fuse is really there to stop a short in the cable from damaging the battery etc.

But the front outlet is fused already, isn't it?

Sorry didnt explain to well:(
Ive tapped power off the front socket,(therefore cut the lead!) but im plagued by the power switching on and of at random:mad:
Done all the usual things, cleaning the contacts, checking the wiring etc, etc, finally: admitting defeat and wiring the bloody thing direct to the battery !

Ive tapped power off the front socket,(therefore cut the lead!) but im plagued by the power switching on and of at random:mad:
Done all the usual things, cleaning the contacts, checking the wiring etc, etc, finally: admitting defeat and wiring the bloody thing direct to the battery !

OIC - then perhaps try a local autofactor or car radio shop - they're more likely to have just what you're after already made up and personally I'd trust their workmanship somewhat more than Halfords, if my local Halfords is anything to go by.

I suspect you're after something like this ?

Its definatly 2 amp, i just looked, i can make you up a lead extension, with fuse housing, using Crimp connectors :nenau

Spot on!:clap
You can just imagine me tomorow, Fat n over fourty pulls up on a gs and parks between all the 17 year olds in souped up novas with their wirelesses on full chat !!!!:p :p :p :p :p :p :p
Im gettin ready now LOL

Thanks Ian,
I will try the local kiddies car radio shop tomorow, if they dont have what im after (or otsa re-mortguage job !) Ill pm you and buy the lead from you, thanks for checking the fuse rating for me:thumb2
Regards
John

I've just today chopped off the very connector you want, it's got the fuse, holder and about 10" of lead each side. Do you want it?

jbj, how were you earthing the Zumo when you connected it to the accessory socket. I found that if I earthed it through the accessory socket then the CANBUS seemed to shut it down when the engine was running.

However, if I earthed it via the frame then the CANBUS is happy (touch wood).

Back
Top Bottom