Moto Guzzi

FatAl

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just come back from a test ride on a Moto Guzzi Norge. Not only does the bike look great, but it goes well. I was pleasantly surprised at how light the throttle and clutch were. The suspension was supple and absorbed most of the bumps and rough surfaces, and yet the bike handled nicely, it was easy to ride about town in heavy traffic, and nimble through the twisties. The bike was as good as the road tests have said it is.
So my Harley Sportster is up for sale, as I was suitably impressed enough by the Norge to consider ordering one. I wish I could keep the Harley, but one of my bikes has to go to fund the change, and it won't be my GS.

I really like Guzzis and had a California EV for a short while.

The problem then was parts and service. Quite a few dealers were pulling out of selling them.

I really like Guzzis and had a California EV for a short while.

The problem then was parts and service. Quite a few dealers were pulling out of selling them.

It's still likely to be a problem. The Norge looks like a nice bike but dealers are so thin on the ground. I'm about equidistant between the one in Worcester and another in Port Talbot.

Although, now that Rydales has shut, not any worse than owning a BMW.

I'm roughly about 50 miles away from two Guzzi dealers, A and D in Denbigh Nth Wales, and Moto Strada in Shipley West Yorkshire. Luckily I have access to a van if the problem is very serious. However once it's out of warranty I'd maintain and fix it myself, and get parts mail order, I've always done this with my bikes. I begrudge paying out £50+ an hour to a dealer.
I appreciate parts supply may be a problem, but I'm confident most service items are available. So short of trashing it in a crash I'm not too bothered.

I have a couple of old Guzzis and getting parts has never been a problem.
Motomecca have always been able to supply the parts with 99% arriving in the post the next morning.
The only problem with a new Guzzi used to be,current ones may be different, they tended to have a few minor problems which were likely caused by poor finish/inspection in the factory. This coupled with an indifferent dealer caused a some owners to loose heart. By the sounds of it this would not be a issue for you:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom