URGENT - Quest 2 Advice Needed

Toad

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm getting myself ready for my Saddlesore 1000 leaving tomorrow morning, and the Quest 2 has started mis-behaving.

I loaded the route on to it on Thursday and it was working fine.

I put it in to the cradle to charge it today, and it seems to be "hung"

I can turn it on and off, and I can agree to the warning when it first switches on, but then it is stuck saying "Acquiring Satellites" and none of the other buttons work. They each make a reassuring beep when you push them, but otherwise nothing. No menus no nothing.

It's my son's birthday party today, and so I'm a bit stuck for time.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Have you tried taking it outside - it will take forever to find a satellite indoors

Yup - tried that, really want the menu to pop up so that I can use the "Use Indoors" option, but can't get that menu to appear.

I have the old quest but the best advice I can give is to give the garmin helpline a call 01794 519944

I loaded the route on to it on Thursday and it was working fine .... I can turn it on and off, and I can agree to the warning when it first switches on, but then it is stuck saying "Acquiring Satellites" and none of the other buttons work. They each make a reassuring beep when you push them, but otherwise nothing. No menus no nothing.
THIS STORY cropped on here earlier this week IIRC. Don't know if you're in the area concerned, or whether they have picked on another area. This at least may explain why you're getting the "acquiring satellite" message. Sorry but I have no idea why your menus wouldn't work though. :nenau

EDIT. I was typing the same time as Whatton was posting in the Backchat & Bollox section. If his suggestion has sorted your problem, please ignore my ramblings. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom