Has anyone been through here......

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Fine tuning my route through the mountains, my GPS has suggested a route although it isn’t showing a road, just a broken line. This looks great, but, it’s a long way to turn round if we can’t get through. The broken line is from Kandestag to Goppenstein, just North West of Brig. This route really does look to be fun. Ive done the Recce on Goggle earth, it does show a track, but has anyone been through?
Any info would be great.
Nige

Ehhhrrrmmmm................Is this what you're thinking of? Railway

If it is you'll need a to buy a ticket.:blast

Ehhhrrrmmmm................Is this what you're thinking of? Railway

If it is you'll need a to buy a ticket.:blast

Cheers Rigor.
My mapsource (V 6:12:4) shows a broken line, not a railway line. The railway line I think your referring to is a few kilometres to the east.

Nige.

yes - but its a railway tunnel.

It is indeed...as confirmed by the Wikipedia link, the small car on the railway truck on the green line on the Autoroute map and the reference to "Check timetable" in the Autoroute driving instructions. :)

Cheers Rigor.
My mapsource (V 6:12:4) shows a broken line, not a railway line. The railway line I think your referring to is a few kilometres to the east.

Nige.

I mis-spent the first 21 years of my life in that region and its defo a shuttle service. There is a service every 30 mins., and at £7 incl. bike and passenger, well worth doing.

Try to avoid the main road down to Martigny if you can - its slow flat straight and nose to tail.:blast

What were you're plans?

Fine tuning my route through the mountains, my GPS has suggested a route although it isn’t showing a road, just a broken line. This looks great, but, it’s a long way to turn round if we can’t get through. The broken line is from Kandestag to Goppenstein, just North West of Brig. This route really does look to be fun. Ive done the Recce on Goggle earth, it does show a track, but has anyone been through?
Any info would be great.
Nige

It's a rouse for invasion forces:D

I've ridden this route many times. It's fantastic.

Casey Jones

:hide :D

Very good:thumb

Now between all the that, i reckon its a railway tunnel :D

An invasion route is confirmed :clap

PM bs@ogri , he's away for the week but we went there last summer and did most of the passes . Brilliant roads and he has a book with the routes in :bounce1

Cheers for that Sir James. Ill try and get to him before i scoot .....:thumb

Any info would be great.
Nige

Nigel
There is both a railway and the Gemmi Pass a centuries old route across the mountains. Although you could do most of the route up from Kandersteg on a GS going down the other side is problematic. There is a lift and a footpath but I don't think the Swiss authorities would take very kindly to you using either. Tunnel, which you take on a train is quick (10-20 mins ish) and regular
Richard

Nigel
There is both a railway and the Gemmi Pass a centuries old route across the mountains. Although you could do most of the route up from Kandersteg on a GS going down the other side is problematic. There is a lift and a footpath but I don't think the Swiss authorities would take very kindly to you using either. Tunnel, which you take on a train is quick (10-20 mins ish) and regular
Richard

Cheers for that Richard.
Now, since one of the bikes in the group is a VFR, i think we should give the track the miss:D
Thanks again.
Nige

Back
Top Bottom