noisekiller

triumph

have anyone tested a helmet eq. with active noice cancelling headphones??
Earplugs take away high freq. but the low freq. are difficult to remowe.
I have just looked at sennheiser pxc 300 headphones, and belive they will take away some noice.
Have anyone tested systems like this??

I am really interested in the answer to this one as I have been very impressed with the noise cancelling headphones that are used on airlines. I reckon that if the technology would work in a motorcycle helmet someone could make a small fortune (or even a large fortune for that matter:D )

Possibly not as easy as it sounds, well not in a motorcycle helmet anyway. For active noise cancelling to work microphones need to pick up the ambient sound outside the headphones, invert it, then play it back inside the headphones thereby cancelling out the original sound. This can be done; I have a circuit at home to do it. The problem maybe accurately picking up the noise outside the headphones, but inside the helmet. Personally, I would look at developing motorcycle helmets with built in ear defenders like the Peltor range for auto racing.

Have a look at these

They have individual microphones on the back of each of the ear pieces. The noise they pick up is then sent back to the seperate box of tricks half way down the cord, its inverted and mixed in with the audio coming from the music source.

They'll never be as good as a decent set of ear plugs and they work better with a steady volume of music - I sometimes use them with only my sat nav and there's a fair amount of white noise (hiss) when Sally Sat Nav isn't telling me where to go!

They run off a single AAA battery and this lasts for about 50 hours.

The box sat half way up the cord can be a pain to put somewhere as its too heavy to just leave dangling.

Nontheless, a good bit of kit.

Thanks Dave, is that background hiss a problem? because other than that the price is very good.

Ebbo - sorry for not getting back sooner. As long as you're listening to something then you don't hear it. It's only when there is silence coming from the device you're listening to (MP3 or sat nav) you hear the hiss - but it's not that noticable.

Back
Top Bottom