The Dangers of Motorcycling

Deleted account 210516001

Reaction score
Had a brilliant run up through Doune and Callander to Killin then down the South Loch Tay Road to Aberfeldy. I stopped at the brilliant burger van on the A85 just before Lix Toll. While deciding on a bacon roll or a hot dog a little Jack Russell dog wandered over from one of the cars parked there. I patted it on the head which caused it to take great offence and sink its teeth into my hand. And before any of the "I hate dogs crew" start shouting for it to be hung up by its bits it was my fault for trying to read the menu and pat the dog at the same time. I am sure it was giving out the "don't mess with me" signs that I should have spotted.

Thanks to the folks in the burger van for the sympathy, antiseptic and a plaster and for not laughing too much.

Great bacon roll by the way if you are passing.

PS the offending Jack Russell tried to scrounge some of my roll but I thought it had tasted enough red meat for one day.

Attachments

• BM@Glenogle.JPG
    BM@Glenogle.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 470
I avoided the venison burgers on the principal that if I don't eat their cousins the won't leap out in front of my bike!!!!!

I avoided the venison burgers on the principal that if I don't eat their cousins the won't leap out in front of my bike!!!!!

No boars around there then?:augie

Last dog that bit me was a Jack Russell, bad tempered little feckers aren't they. I too made the mistake of reaching down to stroke one. Bugger clamped onto my hand and didn't let go 'til I lifted my arm to shoulder height. When it did let go though, it coincided perfectly with my right foot rising, resulting in said terrier clearing a fence some distance away.
Mark

.......And before any of the "I hate dogs crew" start shouting for it to be hung up by its bits it was my fault for trying to read the menu and pat the dog at the same time. I am sure it was giving out the "don't mess with me" signs that I should have spotted..............

I'm not a fan of dogs, cats, pets in general - but why the hell hadn't the owner of the little rat got it under control?

There is only one thing worse than pets and that's their bl**dy owners! I would have followed up the launch over the gate with a sharp kick to it's bo****cks :hide:

Would it not have fitted in your topbox for a few hundred miles?

last dog that bothered me was while training a rider.
we were in a car park in the Phoenix park (Dublin).
lotsa witnesses to this yapping ball of fur - so my response was... gentle:augie .
as i often do - i tried to give the dog the bike keys - but he obviously couldn't ride it, so i couldn't imagine what he wanted:rolleyes: .

i remained patient until i spotted the owner, trotting over to me, looking concerned.
i was about to "remonstrate" (great word that:D ) - but get this......

turned out that they lived next door to a Biker. the dog and he got on well. the dog one day started yapping as he went to move off on the Bike.
so.... Biker picks dog up, puts him in front of him, on the tank and takes him for a wee spin up the road!

Dog loved it!
but now...everytime he gets a chance - he harrasses Bikers for a spin:D .

i obliged and took him up and down the car park.
result happy little tail wagging and a quietened pooch.

mind you - if the b*ggers run out in front of me while i'm passing - they get the boot up the jaxie:green gri

Jamming its nose against one of your exhaust headers may have convinced it of the error of its ways? :nenau :augie

Al :thumb2

And hopefully mine will be parked in exactly same spot as I enjoy a snack at same van in a few weeks time.

It is probably a close relative. Got it at Dalkeith. Different engine bars and no beak extension

Attachments

• BM@Balquhidder Church.JPG
    BM@Balquhidder Church.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 103

Back
Top Bottom