Loch Lomond this weekend.

AlanAce1967

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good, cheap b&b/hotel on the shores of Loch Lomond. Im up touring Scotland from next friday for 8 days and although wild camping for most of it i want the 1st night to be comfy after my long ride up !!

Also can anyone recommend good safe spots for wild camping nr Fort William, Applecross and generally the West Coast ?

Alan

re bandb

hi we have just come back from west coast and stopped at a bandb at a little place called plockton its about half a mile from the turn off for applecross the band b was called hill view £25 per person cracking breakfast a lass called sybil and her hubby ewen hope it helps

Loads of great places to say - look at the Discover Scotland web site and follow links.

I guess you want to camp 'off piste'? - there is no trespass law up here, so as long as you are sensible, take your litter with you and don't molest the sheep ;) - you should be fine!

Have a great trip!

Can anyone recommend a good, cheap b&b/hotel on the shores of Loch Lomond. Im up touring Scotland from next friday for 8 days and although wild camping for most of it i want the 1st night to be comfy after my long ride up !!

Also can anyone recommend good safe spots for wild camping nr Fort William, Applecross and generally the West Coast ?

Alan

Hi Alan

I travelled round that area a month or so ago - just be aware that round Loch Lomond there's a bit of a police presence on the roads i.e. unmarked cars with video... :thumb2

If you're in Fort William, remember and call in at the Lochy pub, Caol for something to eat. Great pub food at a very decent price and run by our very own G.C.

You could also catch him at his other eatery: The Nevis Inn at the foot Ben Nevis:thumb2

Thanks for the advice guys, i really cant wait to get going. As far as the police go i dont expect to be riding iresponsibly, not in my nature :augie im just interested in the scenery and taking photos (not of sheep).

Back
Top Bottom