MS Word HeadAche

AndyT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'd be grateful for any help in solving a very frustrating problem I have in Word.

I have created a file with a header and a footer but the footer refuses to print. When I am editing the letter it shows both the header and footer "greyed out" indicating they are definately present but when I go to print preview the footer is missing. I've triwed most things I can thibnk of without success.

Any advice appreciated.

regards

AndyT:confused:

If you're using an inkjet printer, it usually has a bottom margin of about 1.5 cm.

Have you tried moving your page margin up a bit? Maybe that is your problem.

MS Word

Go to 'File' then 'Pagesetup' and check out your margins: you may just have to fiddle with these before the footer will print out.

Good Luck!

another 'cheat' around is to put a couple of returns after the end of the footer.... this will move the footer up the page slightly into the printable area ;)

www.openoffice.org - download OpenOffice and then dump MS-Office. Or go buy StarOffice (commercial version of OpenOffice) Either way you may still have problems but you won't be contributing to Mr Gates or his evil empire.

Mike

It's better but still not right.

Thanks for the tips guys. I've tried Pauls trick and entered a few additional "returns" to move the header up a bit but its to far up the page. I've played about with the margins to no avail. When I try to move the margins I get a prompt saying some of the page will be "outside of the printable area".
How can I change the printable area or is that set up by the printer driver. It is an Epsom Stylus Color 600 and I don't normally get bother.
Am I on a hiding to nothing or is there more I can try??

thanks in advance.

AndyT :confused:

Re: It's better but still not right.

AndyT said:
Thanks for the tips guys. I've tried Pauls trick and entered a few additional "returns" to move the header up a bit but its to far up the page.

I thought it was the footer you had the problems with :confused:
If it's the header that is too far up then you need to put the 'returns' before the header... this will move it down the page into the printable area of your Epson printer

Well spotted that man....!!!!!

Paul G said:
I thought it was the footer you had the problems with :confused:
If it's the header that is too far up then you need to put the 'returns' before the header... this will move it down the page into the printable area of your Epson printer
I meant to type in footer but it's late. (or is my spelling worse than Bakermans..!!). Sorry Paul your correct it's my footer that seems to fall outside the printable area even though I try to change the bottom margin.

regards

AndyT

Sorted.

Thanks for all the help guys. I noticed that the papersize was set to Letter instead of teh normal A4 which is the default. What a bummer....

many thanks again

AndyT:eek:

Back
Top Bottom