An end to free upgrade?

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
It seems that Garmin users in the US will no longer be entitled to a free upgrade to new map editions. Probably won't be long until it happens over here too. :(

Garmin no longer offers free map updates, including customers with a Garmin device with preloaded maps (such as a StreetPilot or nüvi).

Taken from here and here.

It seems that Garmin users in the US will no longer be entitled to a free upgrade to new map editions. Probably won't be long until it happens over here too. :(

Taken from here and here.

Well most of us have Ver. 9 now anyway, that will do me for quite a while.
Having said that, I'd have had no problem paying for it if I'd had to, incredibly
good upgrade and if Ver. 10 has everything else, I'll be rushing out to get it.

What I think would be worse is if they stopped us loading onto two units
under the same licence.:eek:

"Your MapSource coupon or registration code is valid for use with your own Garmin GPS unit. This agreement provides a one-user license, and it is illegal to share this data with others. If you own multiple unlock compatible Garmin GPS units and have unlocked maps to one, you are generally allowed to unlock the same maps to one other compatible Garmin unit you own for no additional charge. (See our Unlock FAQ page for further details.) HOWEVER, this is NOT applicable to models which come with detailed maps pre-loaded and without CD or DVD-ROM's in the packages."

Back
Top Bottom