Barnsley Area 19th - 22nd Evening Rideout??

Marks adventure

Through life
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

I'm going on a course at Mercedes Trucks in Tankersley, Barnsley this coming week, Thanks to Sainsbury's.

I will be staying at the Premier Travel Inn, Tankersley.

I will be arriving on Tuesday 19th and leaving on Friday 22nd.

I guess i will be finished at the Mercedes place about 5pm so anyone around that area want to show me some sights?? on any of the evening's (wednesday or Thursday prefered). Friday after the course has finished i will be homeward bound to Stevenage.

Mercedes

Hi,
Dont know if you've been to Merc before but if not you will love it. Loads to learn and in good company with good snap provided at lunch. Sorry cant join for the ride out but say hello to Chris and Roger (moore) not a joke, from me Phil Hough.
All the best and enjoy the course.

Firstly i would like to thank Chris (2gses) for taking the time out to reply to me and show me some fantastic roads.

He met me at the Premier Travel inn at Tankersley at about 18.00.

Chris led the way along some fantastic roads that i would never have found on my own.

A list of the place names we visited was Deepcar, Broomhead Reservoir, Bradfield, Ladybower Reservoir, Snakes Pass, Glossop, Woodhead, Holmfirth, Pennistone, Dodworth were to name but a few.

The weather was fantastic for us, Sunny and dry but not too hot.

165550088-L.jpg

165550227-L-1.jpg

We stopped at a reservoir to have the custom GS shoot, I had taken the camera and my Gorilla pod to get the perfect picture. Well guess what happened when i set the camera up, put it on timer, ran back to the bikes and posed..................... A fecking car went passed blocking the view and i could not stop laughing, Chris was also laughing but you can not see him.

165550386-L.jpg

Take TWO!!!!

165550538-L.jpg

165550780-L.jpg

We stopped at Holmfirth and had a coffee, The café was shut but we found another place to have a coffee.

165551871-L-1.jpg

165551929-L.jpg

Chris really did know his way around and at times i thought we was riding through peoples gardens.

We stopped at an area with a viewing point and my ears were popping because we was so hi, It was worth it as the view was fantastic.

165561747-L.jpg

We had covered about 75 miles of nice twisties and long straights. Chris lent me his map as he could not make Thursday night and suggested a route for me to take, But unfortunately the rain came down and put and end to the Thursday night ride.

I had a fantastic time and you people are so lucky to have some fantastic roads to ride along and some fantastic sights to see.

Will i be meeting Chris to do it again, YOU BET I WILL.

Thanks again Chris for taking the time out to meet me and show me some of the best sights in England. I owe you a large beer.:beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug:

hi, looks like a great ride out. this is my territory holmfirth and down to the peaks, glad you enjoyed yorkshire..:)

Ride out

Mark it was a pleasure, will look forward to the beer,as long as it has an head on it,,,chris..:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom