Ducati 1100 HYPERMOTARD Had a go Today!!

Robbo1200ADV

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Its mental!! at first I thought it was Boring then I rode it properley and its a complete RIOT!!!! You have to REV the Nuts off it and then it Flies!! Bit wierd in corners and a bit vague straight ahead and very high in the Arse but once you get the rythmn its a HOOT!! launched today, and am thinking seriousley about chopping the 950SM for one!!! But I love the 950SM ,Bugger why did I test ride it!! Have a go at your local Ducati dealer but do Rev the Nuts off it if only to see the little red limiter light,light up!! Loved it!!:thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2

and from another position!!

OOOAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 758
  • 061122013.jpg
    061122013.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 747
Keep the KTM - you know it makes sense! I'm just about to fit Quill T3 exhausts to mine and if all the reviews are correct it will be the ultimate SM! The Ducati may look the biz but as you say you need to rev the nuts off it and that engine is getting on a bit. :rob

Keep the 950SM.

Or get yourself a go on the new Superduke.

It is amazing.I've ridden the SM alot,but the SD is so much more planted,not to mention alot quicker with the 990 motor,freed up even more by the Akra Evo titanium full system I've stuck on :

P6120002.jpg

It should be making something like 130 bhp now-the Hyped Up Motard only makes a claimed[/]i] 90,so prob only about 80bhp in reality-no wonder it needs revving !!!!

Smeggy - In the same way the BMW have been making boxer engines since the stoneage ?

I meant the Multistrada 1100 lump fitted to the Ducati. :rolleyes:

I saw one of these Hypermotard jobbies in a DUcati shop yesterday.

Surprisingly small although the people in the shop kep saying it was big/tall??

Funky mirrors and indicators on the hand guard.

Useless but good looking rack at the back.

Can't wait to test it out next week in Italy :D

I saw one of these Hypermotard jobbies in a DUcati shop yesterday.

Can't wait to test it out next week in Italy :D

Lucky you!
Some of us have to test it out in Hampshire!
Make sure you take lots of photos at WDW.

Surprisingly small although the people in the shop kep saying it was big/tall??

Mmm ..............still too tall for me.
but great looking and apparently fantastic to ride - I just have to find a way of making it a little shorter.

Another Italian kit bike......avoid. I bet you have to take the engine out to change the handlebar grips. A practcal as a chocolate tea pot with a seat designed by the Marquis de Sade. I'd have a Katoom anyday!

Another Italian kit bike......avoid. I bet you have to take the engine out to change the handlebar grips. A practcal as a chocolate tea pot with a seat designed by the Marquis de Sade. I'd have a Katoom anyday!

You don't think you may be looking at this with preconceived ideas and a closed mind do you?

Italian bikes/cars

Practical - not always
Comfortable - sometimes
Reliable - usually
Sexy - definitely
Beautiful - always

KTMs might be fine, but I would definitely need a set of step ladders to ride one. And the colours are - orange or as dull as ditchwater.

KTMs might be fine, but I would definitely need a set of step ladders to ride one. And the colours are - orange or as dull as ditchwater.

Whereas you can have a Ducati in a huge range of red colours.

Woopee doo !!

Back
Top Bottom