Italy

tommytrouble

Knowng that most are experts on travel ,Just thought that new travellers would like to know about De Buz train service.
We rode down through belgium,france,germany austria(lots of snow on the glossglockner)into italy,promised the better half longer in tuscany to relax and enjoy the culture factor. Stayed on tourist agrisimo near s gimiano great food and great wine .To get back to uk put the bike and ourselves on the train at livorno to dusseldorf cabin with beds and shower brakfast served in cabin superb company lots of german and dutch bikers on the train, cost £245 one way.
Ideal for longer in italy
Hope it is of help to novice travellers

Sounds ideal . Do you have a web address or contact details for this rail service?

Did this last year, form Dusseldorf to Bolzano. Had to work on friday, lucky only in the morning, left for Dusseldorf in the afternoon, checked in around 6, bike was on the train around 7, me and my mate on the train around 8 and left around 9.
Arrived in Bolzano at 10 in the morning, took the bikes, and of to the Dolomitepasses around 11, sounds perfect to me :D

Grtz, Philip!

Knowng that most are experts on travel ,Just thought that new travellers would like to know about De Buz train service.
We rode down through belgium,france,germany austria(lots of snow on the glossglockner)into italy,promised the better half longer in tuscany to relax and enjoy the culture factor. Stayed on tourist agrisimo near s gimiano great food and great wine .To get back to uk put the bike and ourselves on the train at livorno to dusseldorf cabin with beds and shower brakfast served in cabin superb company lots of german and dutch bikers on the train, cost £245 one way.

Thanks for that heads up. I'm interested to know what route you took to get to italy and how long it took as well.

Cheers

hi tommy,
are you the guy i met in may at that rest/tourist spot overlooking the green lake on a mountain pass in austria[i think] with your good lady.
i asked about your panniers[the large guy]:eek:
just wondered :thumb.as you said about the train journey to allow for more time in the sun.

For £245 you can get the back shipped from Italy back home ... not that I would do that ... given I am an adventure rider on my GS :augie

hi tommy,
are you the guy i met in may at that rest/tourist spot overlooking the green lake on a mountain pass in austria[i think] with your good lady.
i asked about your panniers[the large guy]:eek:
just wondered :thumb.as you said about the train journey to allow for more time in the sun.

Yep
Sorry only just had time to look at the site.
Hope you had a good time and weather better than us Lots of rain lots of sun
Blood yu cold on the Glosclockner
Had a great time , will being doing another run 2009 as my Judy wants to have a beach holiday and sking next year.
Regarding post from Novice he must be on his own and wife does not go with him
3,000 miles on a run ios a fair whack

Yep
Sorry only just had time to look at the site.
Hope you had a good time and weather better than us Lots of rain lots of sun
Blood yu cold on the Glosclockner
Had a great time , will being doing another run 2009 as my Judy wants to have a beach holiday and sking next year.
Regarding post from Novice he must be on his own and wife does not go with him
3,000 miles on a run ios a fair whack

just found your reply :blast:blast
i forgot where i asked the question daaaaaaaa
perhaps will meet again on a mountain side again one day small world have m/cycle will travel. :bow:bow
kindest regards ashley.
Glosclockner pass=see picture :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

• 164.jpg
    164.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 384
Accommodation near San Gimignano

We are considering a trip to San Gimignano and would appreciate web details for the accommodation you stayed in

Cheers:beerjug:

JR:

Motorail - Den Bosch to Bologna

I just found www.autoslaaptrein.nl

They run a weekly motorail train between June & September from s'Hertogenbosch to Bologna in Italy. The train runs overnight with couchettes (4 & 6-berth) and private sleepers (1, 2 & 3 bed) southbound on Friday nights, northbound on Saturday nights.

In June a one way trip costs

Bike southbound £167, northbound £133.
Per person sharing couchette, southbound, £114, northbound £65.
2 bed sleeper, southbound £375 and northbound £238.

Their website is currently only in Dutch, but you can contact them for details, or book in the UK through www.railsavers.com on 01253 59 55 55

Back
Top Bottom