Snoopys bike on fire.

snoopy

Going down A1 to Horizons Unlimited meeting.

37 mile down ... hmm, what's that smell? SHIT what's that smoke!?!

The culprit was the brand new panniers with so called special heatshield.

DRZ exhaust went clean through that, through my Rockwell tent :( and then melted the bike plastics to boot. There's one sticky mess now. Feck feck feck.:rolleyes:

Not going to happen cause I fecked the SLR up going to Wales. I feel like a Chuckle Brother.

Something like this?

Naw ... you still have stuff inside it while my tent is a big blob of black and the bottom and most the side of the pannier has gone.

They were brand new on there first outing. A free replacement for the first pair which two years ago shredded on the German Autobahn. Fecking crap I should have stuck with the Alpos boxes...:monkeypiz

Naw ... you still have stuff inside it while my tent is a big blob of black and the bottom and most the side of the pannier has gone.

They were brand new on there first outing. A free replacement for the first pair which two years ago shredded on the German Autobahn. Fecking crap I should have stuck with the Alpos boxes...:monkeypiz

Ooh! That is bad :(

I shall cease taking the pish immediately.

:beer:

I'd like to offer you sympathy - that's a real bummer. Especially seeing you were on the way to the event that you've obviously been looking forward to.:(

Sorry to hear this sad tale. :blast :blast Smypathies. :( :( I'm sure you'll make the supplier shell out for everything - not fit for purpose - AND the trauma AND the loss of the weekend AND.........:spitfire :spitfire :spitfire

Nelson Rigg.

To cheer me up the distributor sent me an email saying "well they do get hot!" and a picture of a 1200 on a rolling road with its headers and cat glowing red.

He's going to try and sell me some more at cost, but I reckon with tank panniers I can do away with rear panniers all together.

Back
Top Bottom