Mapsource v5.2 is available

BurnieM

Mapsource v5.2 is available at the Garmin website

Lots of small problems fixed and multi language support added.

The Garmin site is pretty slow at the moment so you might want to wait a few days.

Note that this is the Mapsource program only (not any map update).

biggest problem

have they fixed the crummy search engine. Useless.
It often fails to find a town that is currently being desplayed on the screen!

Changes

Changes made from version 5.0 to 5.2:

* Internationalized MapSource to support multiple languages. Localized the program into French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Traditional), and Chinese (Simplified).
* Fixed issue where the Vertical Track Profile was incorrectly displaying the distance zoom scale in the horizontal axis label when the scale had a decimal point in the value.
* Fixed issue where the File menu’s 'Open From' and 'Save To' menu options were not disabled during real-time tracking.
* Fixed issue where program would fail when F3 was used to view recently found results and the result was an address.
* Fixed issue where the route dialog would fail if an 'undo' or 'redo' action resulted in an empty route and the user clicked on the driving directions tab.
* Fixed issue in the route dialog where an attempt to add consecutive duplicate via points in the route resulted in the undo button being activated—but when the user clicked on the button, nothing was undone.
* Fixed issue where the autorouter was sometimes adding unnecessary loops when calculating autoroutes.
* Fixed issue where, if a route had non-consecutive duplicate via points and the user tried to delete any one of these duplicates, MapSource would always delete the first one, even if the first waypoint was not the one selected.
* Fixed issue in MapSource where the redo button was not being disabled correctly when the user performed a waypoint insertion and the redo button was already enabled.
* Fixed issue where MapSource would have a pronounced delay if the user tried to insert a waypoint into a route with no insertion point selected in that route.
* Fixed issue where copyright strings would get cut off if they were greater than the width of the page while printing or print previewing maps. Added the ability to word-wrap these copyright strings to the page width.
* Fixed issue where the GPS tab’s compass would be drawn to overlap the position field in some cases.
* Fixed issue where some grid selections would cause the position text to get cut off in the position field of the GPS tab.
* Fixed issue where the select device button would become unavailable if the selected COM port was already in use by another device when the user tried to start real-time tracking.
* Fixed issue where the seabed nature text was not being correctly centered in BlueChart products.
* Fixed various issues that caused the finder to not perform some searches correctly.
* Fixed issue where the undo button would be erroneously enabled when maps were automatically removed from an mps file. This issue could cause MapSource to fail if the user then clicked on the undo button.
* Fixed some translation issues in Japanese resources.
* Fixed issue where autoroutes were not correctly following the roads in the detailed maps in some parts of the middle of long routes.
* Fixed issue where portions of larger copyright logos were being cut off when MapSource showed these images after the display of the MapSource splash screen in map products that have logos.
* Fixed issue where map transfers to the iQue 3600 actually required twice the size of the map data being transferred in free disk space for a successful transfer.

I have heard that Mapsource 5.3 will have the following change:

* Fixed issue where most users found Mapsource to be the most difficult and counter-intuitive piece of sofware on the planet.

Well, I can hope can't I?

Mike

Re: Re: biggest problem

judge said:
They fixed that at v5.0 (though they might have un-fixed it at v5.2 :rolleyes: )

Wonder what happened to v5.1 :confused:

Fixed in V5.0 - nah it is still crap, still have to use Autoroute to find the bloody place then visually locate on Mapsource....:mad: :firemth :banghead: :hack :mcgun

Mapsource 5.3.....

Have just downloaded and installed V5.3. My query is does this just update the Mapsource software or maps as well..as my drive does not appear on the map, the house where I live was built 8 years ago........

Lost in space...

Mick

:D

Re: Mapsource 5.3.....

Mick_rw said:
Have just downloaded and installed V5.3. My query is does this just update the Mapsource software or maps as well..as my drive does not appear on the map, the house where I live was built 8 years ago........

This is a software update not a map update. V5.0 is the latest map update.

Mike:)

Back
Top Bottom