R100RS

MMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, I've been after another bike to add to the stable... Got my Airhead, The Red Baroness, (an R100GS with various tweaks) but fancy something else.

Wondered about an Enfield, but I can borrow one of those.

Fancy a Ural, but can't track a decent s/h one down of the type I fancy.

Wouldn't mind another ratty Hardly, but again, good big twins are silly money.

And now a mate has gone and confused things with the offer of a minter R100RS in gold, 1978. He's after £2k, but it's absolutely immaculate.

What do you lot reckon?

If it handles as badly as this s behind my K75 did, forget it
9_jpg.jpg

Bit of a tricky one really. You can end up getting a bit BMed out. The RS is a nice bike but not something to pootle about on, the bars are very narrow and give very little leverage at low speeds, at speed theres a very strange feeling of being pushed from behind.

I've currently got 5 BMs and really fancy having a clearout and just have a Norton and the 1150 GSA. For £2k you could have my lovely R100 - 1981, 31 thousand miles, rebuilt from the ground up, 70BHP instead of the earlier bikes 65 and a proper front end and brakes - just the thing for those nice country lanes round your way :thumb

Attachments

• rt1.jpg
    rt1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 140
Very nice! Tempting an all...

I quite fancy a dirty great fairing to get behind though! And my mate's RS is really rather smart (not saying that yours isn't, mind :D)

I had one...not the most comfortable bike for me..bars to narrow and a tad to far for my athletic figure:augie Missus kept flying into the back of me if heavy braking was needed :rolleyes:

Typical excellant build quality from that era...but ( that's if you havn't dropped it again:augie ) after your GS it will seem uncomfortable. They are very planted on the road though :)

Horses for courses:)

This is me...all those years ago ( I must have been about 12 then :thumb2 )

Attachments

• R100RS-1989.JPG
    R100RS-1989.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 129
Typical excellant build quality from that era...but ( that's if you havn't dropped it again:augie ) after your GS it will seem uncomfortable.

Oi! I don't keep 'dropping' it - it's an allergic repelling reaction to blue Mercedes cars. :D

Back
Top Bottom