UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
new rear light unit

Image112.jpg

Image113.jpg

Image109.jpg

looks ok doesnt it?

Very nice, bring it up here, we'll soon change that:green gri

Nice and clean. Is that the SM muffler fitted?

You still have a way to catch up to mine though. :green gri Compare at the hog-roast if I turn up.:thumb

Nice and clean. Is that the SM muffler fitted?

You still have a way to catch up to mine though. :green gri Compare at the hog-roast if I turn up.:thumb

its the S model muffler

see you at he hog..you WILL turn up :beerjug:

its the S model muffler

see you at he hog..you WILL turn up :beerjug:

Yeah I probably will ... depends if the Corbin gets here in time. ;)

Any idea why the back of the exhaust is different to the other flat style? I heard Suzuki imported two types, one E4 stamped, while the other (your style) can remove the spark arrestor and other bits without a hacksaw. :cool:

Yeah I probably will ... depends if the Corbin gets here in time. ;)

Any idea why the back of the exhaust is different to the other flat style? I heard Suzuki imported two types, one E4 stamped, while the other (your style) can remove the spark arrestor and other bits without a hacksaw. :cool:

the seat on mine is VERY comfy, i guess it depends on your bum ;)

my style exhaust is what they put on the post 04/05 "S" models and "SM" models ... only "E" model kept the flat end style ,and they are bloody noisey

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/bikes/detail.php?ref=drz400s&y=k7

whats the spark arrestor? tell me more please

the seat on mine is VERY comfy, i guess it depends on your bum ;)

my style exhaust is what they put on the post 04/05 "S" models and "SM" models ... only "E" model kept the flat end style ,and they are bloody noisey

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/bikes/detail.php?ref=drz400s&y=k7

I just got an 07 400E great bit of kit goes well alongside the 1150 GSA. The spark arrestor is basiclly a mesh in the rear of the silencer to stop it setting fire to the local countryside (useful here), your right about the noise thogh this is the only bike where I have heard folk fitting after market cans to quieten it down. Mine needs bar risers and I am looking at a 17 or 28 ltr tank for it (Safari http://www.rvaqualine.com.au ).
What is the rear end and light you have fitted?:beer:

I just got an 07 400E great bit of kit goes well alongside the 1150 GSA. The spark arrestor is basiclly a mesh in the rear of the silencer to stop it setting fire to the local countryside (useful here), your right about the noise thogh this is the only bike where I have heard folk fitting after market cans to quieten it down. Mine needs bar risers and I am looking at a 17 or 28 ltr tank for it (Safari http://www.rvaqualine.com.au ).
What is the rear end and light you have fitted?:beer:

i have RENTHAL (high) Honda CR250 bars fitted and made a massive differance

the rear light is a UFO universal LED enduro ...thingy

Image113.jpg

i love my little DRZ to bits :eek: even done a couple of MX practise tracks on her
,just wind up the rear shock a little and it handled it great ,the susp never overheated at all ,i was very impressed with her...got some cracking airbourne video from the last one

this was taken buy someone i was chatting to last time, still had the indicators and bulky rear unit at the time
image001.jpg

The bars you need are 664 Enduro's. I think y2blade has the them as well.

My stock exhaust from 02S is the one you describe. I'm now wondering if they changed it on the S/SM for a quieter one later on? That could be useful as the bike isn't as quiet as the BMW was.

By sheer coincidence I have just completed a CFS Compartment fire fightting course where a spark arrester was used to explain how a 3D water spray flame trap works this the explanation:-

CHAPTER 7 - Extinguishing principles COMPARTMENT FIREFIGHTING
7.1.2 Quenching
One of the effects that can be produced with fine water particles is that of a flame trap. An example of a flame trap is a flame arrester (commonly found on boat engines fitted to the carburettor). The flame arrester is wire gauze that will stop a flame backfiring out of the carburetor barrel. The flame is stopped because the gauze wire is spaced at measured intervals. The distance between intervals is known as the quenching distance, and a flame will be 'quenched' as it tries to pass out of the carburetor. The particles within a flame have a very high velocity that allows the flame to propagate. With a gauze wire placed in its pathway, the flame must pass through the wire in order to propagate. If he gaps in the gauze wire area are at the correct quenching distance, the particles in the flame lose velocity as they enter the gauze and are unable to propagate. When the flame loses velocity, it is quenched. The gauze wire also conducts heat away from the flame; [here are many examples of the application of flame traps, including the Davy mesh in miners' lamps and flame traps in petroleum distribution systems.

Back
Top Bottom