9 days to go !!!!!!!!

SGillott

Just thought I'd share my excitement with you all and say hello. After an 11 month lay off from bikes (the only lay off in 14 years), I'm now returning and on the 27th September (all being well) will pick up my new Adventure from Rainbow.

Ooh I could crush a grape (remember that programme?) with the anticipation.

This will be my second GS (first Adventure) so I hope this one is as enjoyable and trouble free as the last.

So Hello All and speak to some of you soon!

Simon.

Book her in for her 600 mile service on the 29th PRINCETOWN and back should see you to the first service.............. go on you know it makes sense
:beerjug:

Howz the new ride SG??

keep our anticipation levels frozen and tell us how the new ride is!
Post some pic's!
ride Well, and ride fast!!:D

It's fantastic! Better than I remembered and just perfect for me. Will add some photos soon!

Just need a Remus now (when they stop burning panniers) to make it sound less like a fart.

:D

Jealous

Lucky boy, I am still waiting, please chant after me, gota sell the mille gota sell the mille:beer:

Enjoy the bike mate

Mutley

re: 9 days to go

You must have that new bike by now. Congratulations! Is it as good as you anticipated it would be? A comparison with your other GS would be appreciated. By the way, if it's not too rude to ask, why did you take an 11 month break from motorcycling? Best wishes and safe riding...

BikerPig,

Well comparisons as follows:

Adventure is very tall in the seat height and I'm 6'2". I really liked the adjustable seat from the GS.

The taller screen is worse for me, even more buffeting than the GS.

The motor definitely feels a touch smoother, even from the first few miles. Down to the twin sparks???

The larger tank is a real bonus so I'm pleased I chose the option although I hate the engine bars that go with it!

Dual seat is worse for pillions, the GS pillion squab was more comfortable for my partner.

Like the twin jack sockets, opens up other possibilities since I have the heated jacket on in the chilly seasons

Dislike the servo assisted brakes. They are grabby and lack much feel.

Like the looks better of the Adventure, the dual seat smoothes the lines out, the larger tank looks really beefy and the black beak extension adds character to the front end.

Overall, it's the brakes that I notice more often as the biggest difference. Other than that, my GS and the Adventure are very similar. I'm still extremely glad I bought another GS/Adventure and the downsides are not significant enough to make me wish I'd gone for the GS.

As for the absence, I've been through a sports car stage! I'm cured now (after massive expense!) but have had my eyes opened considerably about just how fast some cars can go! Selling my 5 litre V8 TVR Chimaera was heart wrenching and the grunt it had makes the Adventure just feel puny. However the costs were ridiculous to keep it running. If you're interested I've put a owning / living with guide on the net at www.tvr-chimaera.com. It's not a particularly pretty site but I've had unanamous support from TVR owners about the writing!

Here's to surviving and riding through another fast approaching winter, ride safe all!

Simon.

Back
Top Bottom