Alpinestars Road Jet Gortex @ M&S Pro Shop

Mr K

Reaction score
Bought a jacket this a.m. (as above) for £199 reduced from £350:

Armour in elbows and shoulders, padded back (pocket for armour to be inserted), goretex liner, thermal liner ... bit fiddle to fit it all together, wrist and fore-arm strap so the rascal doesn't flap...

It has an amazing vent system you should get the salesman to show you - On the face of it a versatile 3-4 season jacket...?

Any colour you like as long as it's black, with a little refective piping across the shoulders and upper arms...

Not used in anger yet, but most of the other shops on the Hill didn't even have a jacket in my size _ I know I'm not Kate Moss, but there's plenty bigger than me...

They have all sizes ... mine was XXL....:eek:

I'd better go, I'm starting to ramble....

:beer:

it had to be said ;)

:postpics

Weather or jacket?

If weather, imagine a housing estate in Northern England with semi-detached houses under blue sky with fluffy, white clouds etc

If jacket, imagine black, jacket-shaped article of clothing, with discreet "Alpinestar" logos.

:thumb2

Looks like a nice jacket Chris.....please tell me exactly where M&S are:thumb2

Thanks,

Ian

Attachments

• Alpinestars.jpg
    Alpinestars.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 179
M & S are at 199 - 203 Westagate Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE4 6AB.

...or: www.mandsmotorcycles.co.uk

....Jacket has zips front and back so that panels can be zipped down and folded into pockets, giving you a vented jacket for really hot weather ..... may come in handy abroad :augie

I've been in again.:mmmm As I've got Dainese pants (they still selling them for £159) I really need a compatible Dainese jacket.

They'll do the top of the range for £300 (£369 rrp). It's delicious. :)
And the other one for £250 (£279 rrp)

I looked at the Alpinestar and it didn't feel comfortable. That and taped zips have always failed for me (they are glued on...). I like the idea of the vents but they should be on the back since that's always where I sweat the most in hot weather!

Snoop.

Gawd i've went and done it, £250 on a coat and £30 for the back protector. Ouch. :(

:D
I've been in again.:mmmm As I've got Dainese pants (they still selling them for £159) I really need a compatible Dainese jacket.

They'll do the top of the range for £300 (£369 rrp). It's delicious. :)
And the other one for £250 (£279 rrp)

Snoop.

Eh ?

The top of the range Dainese is the Neck and is circa £420 rrp

Prod01646_03194.jpg

Picture1-1.png

I tried one on a while back in P & H near Crawley,which is probably the biggest dainese stockist in UK.Top kit albeit bloody pricey.

So which mid-range jacket did you go for ?

:D

I bought an Alpinestar "Drystar" Jacket on offer for 99Euros in Jan this year. Even in the coldest weather you are warm enough in just a shirt under it for at least 50 killometers. As soon as the weather warmed up this year I had to abandon the fleace liner as it was to hot in town. It's never leaked in any of the down pours we have been having but there is a down side, it's very bulky. In summer its just too dam hot so I bought a summer jacket from the same shop, another drystar but shorter. Same price!! I'm not sure how long the membranes will last as they seem v thin and the outer material is just water resistant. Only time will tell!!

I managed to pick up a jet goretex, brand new off ebay for £100. Its an excellent bit of kit.

And you're right about the vent system when you roll them down at the front and back its virtually an 'air jacket'. Could only be better if it had a vent or two in the arms.

Manny you're right, the guy must have been in make a sale mode. The one they had for £369 has Texas nylon instead of cordura. I've no idea which model mine is.

Back
Top Bottom