Festival of Light on Skye?

Sergeant Pluck

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A couple of years ago there was this thing where loads of people walked up the side of The Old Man of Storr ( I think, or nearby, north of Portree) at night with torches and there was a light show and music and all that.

I can't remember if it happens annually or if it's a one-off 'art installation' type thing. Does anyone know? Or am I imagining it?!

Cheers,

Pluck

Hiya Pluck. Yeah, it was really popular with the tourists (not so much with the locals!:rolleyes: ). I'm sure it was a one off, it lasted for 3 months last Summer. Will let you know if I hear anything, but am sure it's a one off.
Tash

Thanks Tash - why didn't the locals like it - or shouldn't I go there? :eek:

I'd like to have seen it - still, show or no show, I'll be up there at some point later in the year - still my favourite part of the world :thumb

Pluck

Well, I think the locals felt it was inappropriate to charge a lot of money to see the light show. The Old Man of Storr is one of Skye's most stunning natural spots and it just seems wrong to charge £20 to see it. However, I'm sure it was a really impressive show.
Let us know when you're up and we can give you a tour! (without lights!!:augie ). Sounds like you've been before, so a tour may not be needed! but :beer: might be more appropriate!!

Happening somewhere else cannae mind where though:blast

Might be on Mull:nenau

There's a beer festival in Leven next week.

The Festival Of Light (and Heavy) :beer:

Back
Top Bottom