Thames Valley area - Top Tyre bloke

MMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
While I was at Oxford Motorshow last week I met Colin from Dial-a-Tyre, who also had a stand there. Got chatting, and he tells me he does bike tyres as well as car tyres. Excellent - my TKCs need replacing, so he says he'll give me a quote on the phone in the week. "A likely story", I think cynically.

But no, Colin duly calls, gives me a cost for coming round, taking the wheels off and fitting a set of Tourances and sticking the wheels back on again. He calls again later in the week to check we're still on.

He rolls up this morning in the pissing rain and sets to work. Forty minutes later I have a brand new set of Tourances for £174 fitted.

Top bloke, rides a ZZR1100 and did a great job. Definitely use him again and happy to recommend him.

Based near Aylesbury, but came all the way (about an hour) to Bampton to sort my tyres out.

01844 201179 or 07050 050197 :thumb2

Just like to confirm, Colin does an excellent job and is pretty competitve on price. Had 4 new tyres on the car and did it all whilst I was surfing and drinking coffee in me own arm chair :D highly recomend and will be using him again for bike tyres.

... Very pleasant chap, just sorted me a pair of Tourrances which seem to have been like rocking horse shit recently. Based at Worminghall, which is near Thame.

... Recommended :thumb

I need new tyres and gave Colin a call, but I am right on the extreme of his normal call out area as I am in Woodley (just to the east of Reading). He was a little reluctant to come over just for me, so I was wondering if there is anyone else nearby that will need tyres in the next week or so and would be interested in using him? If so can you let me know so we can arrange to make it more worth while for Colin.

Thanks

David

I need new tyres and gave Colin a call, but I am right on the extreme of his normal call out area as I am in Woodley (just to the east of Reading). He was a little reluctant to come over just for me, so I was wondering if there is anyone else nearby that will need tyres in the next week or so and would be interested in using him? David

I want to fit new front & rear Tourance before we go to Scotland in September, so I'm interested. I'm off the Wilderness Road.

Cheers,

Neil.

Colin said he would be here (Oxford) at 10h00 to fit a front tyre to make my trip to France tomrrow legal. As the time on my computer said 10h00, I said to my wife, "looks like he might be late", to which she replied, "No, I've just heard the truck downstairs." WOW, 10h00 on the button, front tourance (wheel off bike) £72.25. (just about as good a deal as the last lot that I imported from Germany, and then fitted at a premium.) TOP bloke Colin. Returns messages quickly, does what he says, when he says, good price, especially considering it cost me virtually no time, no fuel, and no reading out of date magazines and drinking crap tea while I wait. Highly recommended.

I want to fit new front & rear Tourance before we go to Scotland in September, so I'm interested. I'm off the Wilderness Road.

Cheers,

Neil.

Hi Neil - sorry I forgot about this. I decided to get them done at a dealer instead as the bike was going in anyway and they offered a good deal. i may still get him to quote for my other bike so will let you know if he is coming this way.

Cheers

David

Back
Top Bottom