PDA

View Full Version : Custom Waypoint Symbols - Help!

JohnB
01-07-07, 21:28
After a problem with MapSource which entailed my uninstalling and re-installing all my Garmin stuff (and clearing out the Registry:eek: ), I'm now faced with a new installation which won't start because, and I quote,

"MapSource cannot find the following file:

C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents\MyGarmin\Custom Waypoint Symbols\003.bmp

MapSource will now exit"

can anyone PM or mail me this file from their installation?

Cheers:beerjug:

John B

bigbob1
01-07-07, 22:09
John I would like to send you this Waypoint but I can not find a way of pasting or attaching this file to a private message maybe you can PM me with your personal email address or if anyone can tell me how to past or attach I will try again

Steve
01-07-07, 22:15
Right click the image and save-as 003.bmp in the right place.

andyclift
02-07-07, 11:20
"MapSource cannot find the following file:

C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents\MyGarmin\Custom Waypoint Symbols\003.bmp

MapSource will now exit"

As the above folder reference can only be a left over from a previous installation, there must have been something missed when you uninstalled.

Have you 1) deleted the complete Garmin folder in your Program folder and 2) used regedit to search for and delete and reference to "Garmin", backing up the registry first of course.

JohnB
03-07-07, 15:02
Thanks Steve and all.
I have placed 0003 in the folderand guess what? Now it cant find bitmap 4! I guess I'll have to reinstall
MapSource again:spitfire

Steve
03-07-07, 15:30
Thanks Steve and all.
I have placed 0003 in the folderand guess what? Now it cant find bitmap 4! I guess I'll have to reinstall

I reckon so, rather than me attach all the bitmaps... :D

Steve
03-07-07, 15:33
But just in case...

Clive
03-07-07, 15:34
Thanks Steve and all.
Mine only go upto 007.bmp and they are all the same anyway so you could try and copy the 003.bmp one you have to 004.bmp etc

gasman
03-07-07, 15:54
just a thought, are all the .bmp files on your C: drive, but in a different folder ? Mapsource will only look in the one folder where it thinks they are. May be worth searching for them.

JohnB
03-07-07, 19:36
Thanks again,

I realised eventually that the bitmaps were all the same, and deleted those numbered 4 and above then renumbered the file that Steve (thanks, I owe you one:beerjug: ) made available. If I'd realised earlier, I could just have copied 1 and 2, but you live and learn.:blast .

Anyway, due to the service we always give and get through these forums (fora?), my MapSource is up and running again.:bounce1

Cheers

JohnB