RYDALES (CAR)diff V BVM

Geriatric Germ

Reaction score
:mad: At Rydales Open day Peter (the Man) wanted a Thousand Smackeroons before I could ride one of his old BMW's for a Test!! :confused:

At BVM on Thursday my GS was in for 10,000Km and I had asked for a Loan bike. Fully expecting to given an old nail of a 650 Funny Duro, imagine my surprise when asked which bike I would like?? The K1200GT says I, more in hope than expectation, Mark Kemp got the key and checked the fuel, apologised for it being empty, would I mind putting some in and off I went for 3 hours to increase the 1,000 miles on the clock!!! :)

Upon my return, nice bike and some POWER, Mark even bettered Dennis of Rydales offer for a swap to a new Adventurer, and actually was prepared to take my RT as well and to give me Cash back!! :hpbirthda

Can anyone better that??? The difference seems to be Rydales = BMW CARS ( the car showroom is bigger than the parking lot, I nearly peed meself walking to the Loo)

BVM = BIKES (mostly BMW)

I've only used Rydale for service & parts. This was good, except for the time when Jim was sick. Then the system seemed to fall apart as they do not have a contingency system. Fine if you had booked a service or ordered a part as it was on the computer.

A tyre fitter had damaged a wheel on my bike. Jim was liaising with the tyre dealer to get them to pay for the wheel. He had sorted it but was sick when I went to pick the wheel up. As none of the paperwork was in my name they would not give me the wheel. I had to wait for Jim's flu to clear up.

BVM each and every time for me.....besides, I almost bought a Cooper S last time I was in Rydales. Thank god for parking meters and timed parking. Phew.

Sorry, meant GLOUCESTERSHIRE.I think thats somewhere in England.

BVM MOTO
LONDON ROAD
STROUD
GL52DA
GLOUCESTERSHIRE
tel 01453762743.

I bought a Jacket from Rydales, I wasn't too impressed with the service, I was followed round the store all the while I was looking, made me feel like a shoplifter. Customers half stripped bikes being left outside in the rain didn't look good either..

All in all I got the impression that the bikes were just the poor relations tacked on the side of the car dealership.

What does (The Man) mean?

Anyway, I guess the person who started this thread must be the same guy who when asked if he would be prepared to pay for any damage he might cause said no way!

The reason we take payment card details before the use of a loan or demo is simply to cover the cost of any repairs if they are proved to be the fault of the borrower (up to £1000). We do not just take a Thousand Smackeroons!

Unfortunately this has proved neccessary as a number of users have damaged bikes, denied knowledge of the damage (even after being seen dropping the bike on one occasion), and have not replied to letters/invoices asking them to pay the bill. I am still chasing a guy from Bristol from around a year or so ago who even after admitting the damage has failed to pay for it.

This kind of thing has an impact on our small business and as we strive to grow and to provide the kind of service you expect means we are unable to do some of the other things we would like to, including increasing the number of team members to cover absence and sickness etc. Any one who has ever run a small business will know how difficult this can be.

We are only a 3 year old business and very much appreciate the support we have had so far. I think it is worth mentioning that we have had to spend a considerable amount of time and money equipping the premises to meet BMW's exacting standards and every effort is made to ensure that we provide a dealership that is both welcoming and a nice place to spend some time, even if only for a free cup of coffee. Rob, I am sorry you felt that you were followed around the showroom and apologise.

All dealerships WILL have to conform to the same high BMW standards and provide the kind of surroundings and service that we are currently trying to achieve. I am sorry that the deal we offered was bettered by another dealer, they may be in a 'better' position to do that. I'm puzzled, can you tell me why we didn't want your RT? We do want to sell bikes and welcome the chance to quote.

I am surprised to hear that you witnessed a customers half stripped bike left out in the rain, i have absolute confidence that the technicians would not normally let this happen and they are requested to treat customers bikes and belongings with great care. It may have been an accident damaged bike awaiting disposal?

I hope this explains a little bit about us - we all ride bikes too!

Peter Cramp
Motorcycle Manager
Rydale Cardiff (only BMW)

Can i also just point out/make it clear (just in case it seems as though we were responsible for this-i'm sure this wasn't intentional) that the GS wheel was damaged by A Tyre Shop in Brecon and i think the reason we were unble to hand over the wheel was beacause they hadn't paid us for it, not simply because the paperwork wasn't in the customers name.

Peter

Peter, my point, reference the wheel, is that your parts/service system revolves around Jim. There does not seem to be a contingency in place for times when Jim is not there.

The contact details for the tyre company were known only to Jim who sorted the matter immediately on his return. However, it involved a second trip to the dealership for me. Not a big deal as I live in Roath but it should never have happened as I had received a call saying that my wheel was ready for collection.

It seems to me that you need some sort of logging/tracking system that all staff members can use for such situations. If Jim wins the lottery and disappears into the sunset you may find yourself with a number of customer satisfaction issues.

crampie said:
What does (The Man) mean?

Manager???????

Anyway, I guess the person who started this thread must be the same guy who when asked if he would be prepared to pay for any damage he might cause said no way!

Twas me, the same Sir

:rolleyes:

And Peter, are you the one that was trying to get Freebie Adverts on this site, and one of Our Lot kept typing your Non De Plume as 'Crappie'???:confused:

Attachments

• k12lt-1150gs small.jpg
    k12lt-1150gs small.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 374
Adventure in kit form !!

no wonder they can knock em out cheap!

mind you there showroom dont look finnished either

sh*t hole springs to mind .

but you can only speak as you find ,which is why my next bike will be bought from Rydales

because the service is excellent not to mention the free coffee and air-conditioning and helpful staff.

I worked in the motorcycle industry for the best part six of years five of which as a manager so i am fully aware of the fact that you cant please all of the people all of the time ,it has always been a bit of an issue to me the difference in service between car main agents and bike main agents (especially when you consider that motorcycles are predominently surplus cash toys ) this is why i consider Rydales to be an excellent example of what a dealer should be .

but hey its only my opinion (and they are like arseholes there all different and everyone has one ):D :D :D

and no i dont work there !!!!!

Sometimes you have to think a little creatively and if i'm guilty of trying to aim extremely well priced BMW products and services at the people who use them and/or might be interested in saving 50% off a BMW jacket then so be it!

I also thought it might be 'constructive' (pah!) to find out what reasonable people would like and expect from their local dealer.

Who on earth is 'your lot' anyway? Bikers? GS owners? Customers? And that excludes 'us' does it?

PS. Thanks Ming

rydales

got to agree with ming on that one, crampie allways gives a first rate service in my oppinion, try to remember that the deals he offers are governed by his powers above:p

Back
Top Bottom