what GPS for car (urgent!)

Another vote for the Nuvi. Halfords are doing the 250 for £199.99. Pity you must have it today or tomorrow because the web price is £30 less!:thumb2

Be aware that the Nuvi range doesn't do routing in the sense that the 2720, 2820 and Zumo do. You can specify a destination and one via-point enroute to that destination and that's it. The unit decides how to get there which you can influence by only a few road type options. If you want to follow specific roads (i.e. a route defined in MapSource and uploaded to the unit) then you need one of the previously mentioned higher spec GPSRs.

If you ever envisage needing such functionality in the future, for recreational bike use it's a must IMHO, don't get a Nuvi.

Probably too late now but I use a Garmin 2720 for car and bike and it's brilliant.

A little pricey but worth every penny. It comes with a neat car mount that does not require a blody great sucker on the windscreen and a beanbag mount you can just throw on the dash. Used mine all over Europe and no complaints. if you want more bells and whistles go for the 2820.

Suggest if you fit it to a bike get a Tourtech mount. The Garmin one is cheap but a fiddle to use with a tiny torque screw to lock it.

Overnight delivery from GPS Warehouse.

Back
Top Bottom