PDA

View Full Version : Help, Remus makes my bike Rough!

Rowan
03-07-07, 22:01
Hi there fellow tossers, after the last tour with Clive for the White Horses I got end can envy and have purchased and fiitted a remus y piece and end can. Now the BMr runs as rough as an old dog, I will try to reset the throttles via a battery off/on trick after work tomorrow, is anyone familiar with setting the throttles up after a remus and y-piece fit on a y Reg 1150. Any help much appreciated! Rowan

Steve
03-07-07, 22:17
is anyone familiar with setting the throttles up after a remus and y-piece fit on a y Reg 1150. Any help much appreciated! Rowan

First off, make sure you haven't dislodged the right hand throttle cable end out of its seat, down by the throttle body.

Pull fuse 5 for 30 seconds, and replace.
Turn on ignition.
Fully open and close throttle twice.
Switch off ignition.

KMD
04-07-07, 16:54
You may also benefit from a search on cat code plug. Worked for me.

cookie
04-07-07, 18:10
First off, make sure you haven't dislodged the right hand throttle cable end out of its seat, down by the throttle body.

Pull fuse 5 for 30 seconds, and replace.
Turn on ignition.
Fully open and close throttle twice.
Switch off ignition.

that would be my first check too.

Rowan
05-07-07, 20:54
Many thanks everyone, I will 'set to' with Steptoe's mod tomorrow after work, and start with the fuse 5 removal 30sec two taps trick too. After that it will be remove the end and back to OE if all else fails. Ive got to get it to Belgium next weekend.

For all off to Andover, enjoy the wet! May see you there. Rowan:rob

Rowan
07-07-07, 10:43
I can confirm the Cat Code Plug convert from Steptoe, works a treat, bike is still a little rough here and there but much better than before, again many thanks.

SALTY BALLS
17-07-07, 09:46
Help, Remus makes my bike Rough!

Take it off then:confused: