Ilfracombe and Exmoor 20/09/03

retroman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thanks to all who turned up, 12 bikes, wonderful weather and great roads. Excellent company as always on the GS club events, and good to meet some new people too.

Special thanks to Rich MadmountainMan for the Bridgewater - Wivelscombe route knowledge:Glynn, Bridgette and the kids for their hospitality at Wivey - fresh coffee, welshcakes and turkey sarnies, v.understanding neighbours too with £80K worth of GS suddenly invading their cul-de-sac!

Further thanks to Glynn for taking us over some excellent roads in Exmoor, despite his admission later that he'd never been to Ilfracoombe in his life ....:confused: That airhead doesn't half fly, put some of us oilhead jockeys right to shame ....

Who were all those tossers on Vespas? Hundrdeds of 'em, streaming towards Woolacombe and their annual bash ... can't see the appeal myself, but no doubt they say the same thing about us!!

Will post some piccies eventually.

:beerjug:

Glad you guys had a good day out sadly i had to take care of some pressing buisiness on saturday

in fact i saw you guys coming up the M5 at about five pm near weston-super-mare sadly in the car going the over way.

anyhoo those of you going to princetown i will see you there:D

12 Hours,386 Miles later,fantastic weather and a flying display thrown in what more do you need.

Thanks to Retroman for idea,also Glynn and Rich for the gentle scenic tour of Somerset and Devon.

Great day see you again sometime :D :D :D :D :D

CHEERS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For the most fun i have had on a bike in one day ever!!!!!!!!!!
Turned up knowing nobody,was soon made to feel welcome. Having a look round the bikes to see what other people had done,just to see what works and what doesnt in the real world. Lots of friendly advice given.
Meet with other people on the way. Ended up at a complete strangers house and was given tea and cakes."It doesnt get any better than this" i thought.
Then led on a most spirited blast down some of the maddest roads i have ever been down. laughed so much going up "Porlock Hill" that i misread the road and nearly binned the bike!!!!!
Ploughmans lunch overlooking the sea,great company,talking general bollox as you do,felt right at home. Taken back to my youth with the smell of two stroke when hundreds of scooters go sailing past the pub :moped: :moped: :moped:
Ice cream by the harbour then more fun all the way home.
Got home after about 11 hours and 390 odd miles and was up for it all again...................
'PLEASE SIR, CAN I HAVE SOME?????!!!!!!"
The Clown:D :D :D :D :D
PS. have posted this reply on the back of the original thread as well........

great ride! lovely roads.
thanks for the piks

hope the pace was ok, couldn't help it the roads just beg to be ripped.

see you all again

glynn

Well chaps it looks like you had a good day in and around North Devon. (I am the bald git that was chatting to you in the car park at Gordano in the morning). We had ice cream in Appledore and fish'n'chips in Bideford. Both were excellent.
Your machines looked good and I hope the sheep that some of you were riding didn't complain to much!.

Cheers,
Ian

P.S. Like the forum, it's almost as good as the Motobins one. http://www.motobins.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi ;)

WELCOME ABOARD
I was the Blue White Gs with the small white sheep attached to the seat.

Back
Top Bottom