Autocom lead for a Wintec A80 Radio

stub27

Hello,

I have an Autocom Pro-7 Sport, to which I need to attach a Wintec A80 radio.

I have spoken to both Autocom and Intaride (the Wintec supplier) and have had differing advice from each of them.

Autocom say that they can supply two different types of lead depending on the radio type, either an A80 or a LP4502E, and the radio type must be specified when ordering. (the A80 lead is apparently cheaper than the LP4502E lead).

Intaride say that the A80 and the LP4502E are the same thing and that either of the leads autocom supply will work, and to buy the cheapest from them.

As I am going to Europe on the 19th of this month, I need to get the correct lead ordered from Autocom ASAP.

Any help on clarifying which lead I need to order would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Stu

the LP4502E is an A80 and I had a similar problem. I bought the more expensive lead and it has an isolation box in-line which i don't think is entirely necessary. I have a straight lead on my other bike and that works just as well, with maybe a bit more volume. I'd ask autocom if the only diffrence is the isiolation box and if so buy the cheaper one (radios aren't exacly hi-fidelity so who cares if theres a little bit of static/whine when talking, it's nothing ompared to the general level of interference)

the box is an isolation block, we are finding most people run the radios bike powered so the isolation is needed to get rid of the ground loop. which on most systems can be quit loud, even more so if you wear in-ear speakers.

I think there is a slight difference on how the jack plug are configered

Rich

Hi

I sent my LP4502E to Autocom a couple of years ago because the "standard" A80 lead was unusable on my bike (it was bike powered). Horrendous feedback / whining. They sent it back with new leads (my mate had a LP4502E as well) and all was well in Chateaux Wales. I really don't think they have different leads just for fun / profit.

cheers

Markie

...I really don't think they have different leads just for fun / profit.

cheers

Markie
Absolutely not and I didn't mean to imply that. I got away with using the un-isolated lead on my Blackbird but when I came to buy a similar lead for the GS I played safe and bought the isolated one. It is usable without the isolation lead but better with it and I guess it will all depend on the bike and wiring configuration.

Incidentially, I also wired the Zumo with the direct patch lead supplied with the autocom, only because I was about to go on holiday and didn't realise I really needed the proper isolated GPS lead. It worked with the patch lead and I didn't notice any earth loop noises but if you want high quality sound for in ear speakers etc then I guess the proper lead is essential. I shall be getting one just in case it has somehow affected the vox problems I started another post with.

Absolutely not and I didn't mean to imply that.

JayGe

just re-read my bit and it wa a bit "terse" sorry about that! But I really needed the isolater - the original lead made it to all intents and purposes, unusable.

cheers

Markie

No problem Markie, I just found it was OK with the straight patch lead, a bit of hum when transmitting but quite usable.

Back
Top Bottom