is it a legal row

dazco

From Edale, well Barber Booth. its called Doctors Gate and runs up onto A625.
Just wondered if it was a legal route or not.
Im just trying to plan a route for the weekend and this would be a great lane for joining a couple of sections.
Thanks Dazco:thumb

I've not heard of Doctors Gate and can't find it on my maps. Are you sure you don't mean Chapel Gate?
Climbs up the side of the hill out of Barbour Booth towards the A625 (start of Royche Clough). Interesting rock steps down the other side (especially the other way!). Parts of the climb were tarmaced about 20 years ago - now mostly gone and makes it interesting:mmmm
Bit of a struggle on an oilhead, but still a challange on an airhead or 650 :augie Try it both ways for the full experience.
Good news is it's perfectly legal (unless of course things have recently changed).

Chapel gate , Doctors gate, there all the bloody same to me lol:augie
Yeah it is that one Spout:blast
You ever had any bother from the Farmer that lives next to it at he bottom?
Thanks for setting my mind at ease knowing that i cand ride it legaly:thumb
one more to mark on the map.

Are you still riding that beastie HP2?
Thanks Daz

Doctors Gate is to the north of the Snake Pass and runs over the southern edge of Bleaklow. The bad news is that despite being an ancient packhorse route it is most definitely not leagle to drive/ride:(

Chapel Gate is very good fun though:thumb

I dont know what time ill be up there, got a few more to try aswell.
One in Bamford and a couple round Bakewell and Matlock area.
Thanks for the offer.
Ill be around there in the morning, but like i say depends on work and getting up:augie
As for going on my own, i usually do and if things look dicey i turn round and dont bother.
Oh yeah ill be on the F650 Its a bit easier to pick up than the 11oo:augie
Cheers

[COLOR="Orange"[SIZE="4"]]Bakewell and Matlock area[/SIZE][/COLOR]
That's where I am. mobile is 07762061293 but I also have to juggle work commitments.
Richard

Hiya Richard, i never even made it out the house yesterday, weather was crap:augie .
Might make it out tomoro though if its any better(Sunday)
Been at work since 6 this morning and theres been no rain, bloody typical:spitfire

Hiya no I didn't bother either. Been out all today tho' Tan Hill Arkengarthdale Hawes etc. Can't do tomorrow unfortunately. Another time perhaps?

:augie oops only just seen ya last post, got there about 9ish and got very very wet, didnt even bother going off road, you could say it was a wash out, but there again thats no suprise just of late:(

Back
Top Bottom