Tourances.. like Hens Teeth

wolfboy

Reaction score
After ringing around all over the North, it turns out the last place which had any Tourances was M & S Newcastle..! The dealers all of whom were very helpful had no luck, national tyres, the same as well, but M & S came up trumps. Had them fitted today (now my bike knifes in to corners..) and they only have one set left.. I would hurry..

After ringing around all over the North, it turns out the last place which had any Tourances was M & S Newcastle..! The dealers all of whom were very helpful had no luck, national tyres, the same as well, but M & S came up trumps. Had them fitted today (now my bike knifes in to corners..) and they only have one set left.. I would hurry..

"Knifes through corners"....you should have bought a blade:D

I'll get me coat:p

Marks and Spencer sell Tourances - bloody 'ell didn't know that!

If you're desperate for Tourances and can't get them, try Pirelli MT90 Scorpions instead.

Similar pattern, and a better tyre.

This happens every year. I guess Metzeler really don't value the UK market and fail to keep their importer stocked.

Vote with your £ as plenty of other brands are available. I've been very happy with my UK made Avon Distanzias.

Intobikes.co.uk have them in stock, i got a rear last week for £91 delivered next day .

This happens every year. I guess Metzeler really don't value the UK market and fail to keep their importer stocked.

Vote with your £ as plenty of other brands are available. I've been very happy with my UK made Avon Distanzias.

Have you had them long? I`ve ordered a set on the rec of Bike mag to replace some Pilot roads that lasted me 6500 miles.

I had a set of Conti escapes on the last GS I put road biased tyres on. Much better than Tourances IMO. Better grip and handling and were quite a bit cheaper:thumb2

Have you had them long? I`ve ordered a set on the rec of Bike mag to replace some Pilot roads that lasted me 6500 miles.

re. Avon Distanzia

Yes, I've been using them since 2005. I put a set on to go to Croatia as Tourance were scarce. They are very good IMV, in all conditions. Last a bit longer than Tourance and less prone to square off. I will continue to use them, especially as they are usually priced competitively too.

re. Avon Distanzia

Yes, I've been using them since 2005. I put a set on to go to Croatia as Tourance were scarce. They are very good IMV, in all conditions. Last a bit longer than Tourance and less prone to square off. I will continue to use them, especially as they are usually priced competitively too.

Cheers :thumb2 My pair will cost £150 compared to £115 for a Pilot road rear :mmmm So good value!

Having not yet had to buy 'road' tyres, I am not sure of a so called good deal. But you guys probably know a good deal, so take a look at this site and tell me if these are cheaper than other suppliers.

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=505726

If he could get a set, Mike at Cardiff Motorrad will fit a pair of Tourance for £158. That's a ride in, ride out service inc. balancing. M&P's price of £145 plus £5 P&P doesn't seem like a good deal once you've paid someone to fit them.

If you're desperate for Tourances and can't get them, try Pirelli MT90 Scorpions instead.

Similar pattern, and a better tyre.

Didn't know that, I quite like Tourances though. Looks like i should have asked the collective before buying!

Ah well, I will ask in 12 K's time..

Mill

Mill want £225 for a pair of Tourances (fitted) and were not prepared to haggle on that.

That's why most of us don't get our tyres at BMW dealerships...

Ta Steve, this is the first set I've needed but I'm not paying that for em.

So where's good for tyres before I get on the phone?

Back
Top Bottom