New Helmet triggers vox at speed

JayGee

Reaction score
My wife got a new lid (arai viper GT) and the autocom active plus (kit200) now triggers the vox in her helmet, even if I turn the vox so high that speach becomes very hard work/shouting. Anyone know if there's a way to protect the mike from the wind noise that seems to be trigering the vox?

ok, gonna sound stupid here, but you do have the mike the right way round. The GT isn't that windy, is the mic too close to a vent, is it just touching her lips with she kisses?

yeh im going to say the mic might be the wrong way around, Arai's are a very common helmet with us and its very very rare that they cause us problems with our vox. the only times we do find is when the mics are the wrong way around or sometimes a bit too much wind from the air vent in he chin guard so they are ran closed or tpaed over.

Rich

You might also consider fitting a Shoei Whisper kit to her lid. Yes, I know it's designed for Shoeis but it should fit. I've got one on my Tour X and the chin curtain part of another one on my Signet.

Just had the same problem.

Judy has an Arai and nder normal use ie up to abought 80mph it's ok after that the wind triggers the vox so I turned up the control to about midway but now have to shout to get a response so have turned the vox down a bit but is not really satisfactory.

Oh and the mic is the right way around.

Bob

yeh im going to say the mic might be the wrong way around, Arai's are a very common helmet with us and its very very rare that they cause us problems with our vox. the only times we do find is when the mics are the wrong way around or sometimes a bit too much wind from the air vent in he chin guard so they are ran closed or tpaed over.

Rich
No, it's definitely the right way round, I've been using Autocom for years and this is the first time I've had this problem. Theproblem seems to be caused by turbulence created by my (the riders) lid, if I lower the GS seat the problem decreases but it's still a real pain at around 90mph (sometimes at lower speeds but it depends on the cross winds, turbulence etc.). I've just looked at the Autocom web site and see they do a wind-soc intended for open face helmets so I'll probably try that. The arai lid is a superb bit of kit but much noisier than the previous Shoei she had, dispite running with the chin bar vent shut and the wind guard pulled down.

The open face conversion will probably help but it should not really be needed as ive been pillion on a lot on bikes and im 6'2 wearing a roof diversion and never had any troubles before.

It could be wind coming from under the helmet triggering the VOX, try the part 1198 and see how you get on.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom