V7 Help Needed !!!!

alfie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have bought a BMW Nav 2 second hand through an auction site, but foolishly I did'nt realise that I needed a V7 disc and access code too download maps. Also after contacting Garmin they tell me I need a registration code which would have come with the unit when it was brought new. Does anyone know how or if I can get a V7 city navagation disc and code?. The unit came in box etc so I have now reason to believe that it was'nt brought from new but I can't get hold of the seller on the original site. :confused: Anyone any idea's? I would be most gratfull for any help.

I'm surprised that Garmin didn't tell you that they can supply you the discs and code. It'll cost you but theres no other way of obtaining the maps if you don't know how to contact the seller.

Thanks for that but when i rung garmin they said they wouldn't sell me the disc and unlock code unless i had proof of purchase so i will try again.

Just a thought if you boot up unit and do menu + menu get unit id then go to Gamin web site and do new account you might get in on Unit id worth a try.

Mitch

p.s you can always get a copy of V7

I managed to register the unit with the unit ID but the v7 map is discontinued according to their web site so any ideas where i can get a disc .

You don't say weather the unit has any maps loaded onto it, l assume it has maps from V7. l think that l have V7 and V7 update could do you a copy but you still need a unlock code.

Mitch

Yes it has got the v7 loaded on it so if i could copy a disc and speak to garmin again and see if i can buy an unlock code .

If you give them the unit id No they should be able to check the unlock code if not and they want to charge the full price you might as well go for V9. If you have any luck with V7 l can do you a copy. let me know.

Mitch

I spoke to garmin today and they said they will send me a disc and email me an unlock code ( which they have done ) so hopefully i am getting somewere if i dont get the disc i will take you up on your offer of a copy thanks for your help an advice.

Back
Top Bottom