Back to basics

keiff

i used to have an Autocom system many years ago, wired up to my pillion as necc. However I always found that I could not wear ear plugs with the system in as the sounds level was never high enough. ( at this point I'd point out as an ex roadie, a have somewhat lesser hearing than normal ).

I just like to ask the collective advice of where do you start. Can you wear earplus with the latest autocoms, or is it better to get some sort of in ear combine speaker and molded ear plug.

Eventuall like to hook up me and her together, listen to music and GPS, possibly even phone, but as she has perfect hearing, I need to be able to balance both sets of headsets with different volumnes

If this as all been asked before of there is a decent website with this already on, happy to take that as a reply

Cheers

Keiff

Modern Autocoms have a very decent output.

I do not have perfect hearing but can hear it perfectly well, even with moulded ear plugs (without inbuilt speakers).

Autocom do make a lead so that you can use moulded ear plugs with inbuilt speakers.

My Autocom (pro-7, I think) has separate volume controls for rider and pillion.

Somewhere on the board there is a post (or posts) about people using a small amplifier as well.

=====

Found it, along with some news on 'loud' speakers. http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89110&highlight=amplifier

Last edited:
Custom moulded in-ear monitors...keeps the background noise levels reasonable so as to prevent further damage as you can keep the volume low-ish.

Most Good Intercoms have the facility to balance/adjust the output for the rider and pillion to suit their individual preference....

Back
Top Bottom