Can't get another computer to read my CD

MikeO

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Help!!

I want to upload a shedload of pictures to SmugMug, but only have a dial-up 56k connection. I therefore burned the pix onto a CD and went to use my neighbour's PC which has a BroadBand connection. Trouble is, his PC displays a dialog box saying thet the disk may be corrupt or have been made with a program not compatable with Windows (or something like that) - effectively it can't read it.

Both computers are using XP Home Edition, they both have MS Photo Editor. I tried burning a second disk, but the results were the same.

Any ideas??

Mike:confused:

Not sure what burning prog you have got, but is there a tick box that says something like"close cd so readable on other machines" if so you need to tick this box as some burning progs leave the cd "open" as a defaualt.

Pete A

pragmatix said:
Not sure what burning prog you have got, but is there a tick box that says something like"close cd so readable on other machines" if so you need to tick this box as some burning progs leave the cd "open" as a defaualt.

Pete A

Pete,

I'm using the default XP program - ie when I open 'My Pictures', it gives me the option to 'Copy to CD'. If I select this, the only option it gives me is to name the disk - no option to leave the CD open or anything else.....

Mike:(

Mike O said:
Help!!

I want to upload a shedload of pictures to SmugMug, but only have a dial-up 56k connection. I therefore burned the pix onto a CD and went to use my neighbour's PC which has a BroadBand connection. Trouble is, his PC displays a dialog box saying thet the disk may be corrupt or have been made with a program not compatable with Windows (or something like that) - effectively it can't read it.

Both computers are using XP Home Edition, they both have MS Photo Editor. I tried burning a second disk, but the results were the same.

Any ideas??

Mike:confused:

How old is your neighbours PC, some older CD drives have problems reading home prduced CD's

Mick

Re: Re: Can't get another computer to read my CD

Mick_rw said:
How old is your neighbours PC, some older CD drives have problems reading home prduced CD's

Mick

Nah, brand new (6 months old) IBM Thinkpad....

Re: A check to make

richie said:
Try a third PC if it can read it he has the problem if not then you have the problem.

Already have - sent a copy to Bilko & he's opened it OK. It may be a problem with my neighbour's laptop - but I still need to resolve it to upload the pix......

CD photos..........

:D

The cd works fine on both this our family Pc and also the wifes Laptop Pc.......

Thoughts of a cd working on the wifes laptop...........:eek:

Bilko . in the grove !:D

Back
Top Bottom