The BIG SIX

cumbriabeems

Hi all,

Were planning to do a tour of the big six passes in Cumbria.

Kirkstone, Wrynose, Hardknott, Honister, Newlands and Whinlatter.

A pub lunch in the middle and a drink in Cockermouth Micro Brewery "The Bitter End" for anyone staying over. Even a ride on the "laal ratty" minature steam railway on the Cumbrian coast.

Lovely scenery, great roads etc etc.

How about Sunday 29th July or Sat Sun 18th 19th Aug ?

Full tour, food stops, accomm arranged etc etc

Anyone interested, let us know.

David and Lyn

:beer: :guitarist

Hallo, sounds good - just before I hit Morocco. And the Corbin arrived.... Nice.

I'm in if before August. :thumb2

I'll try not to bottle out this time:ymca

Sounds good, I'll mark it on the calendar when you confirm the date:thumb

Sounds good.....

I look forward to the date confirmation before I can comit. Its about time I got out on the bike. (house renavation = no life)!!

:beerjug:

I'm up for it, just got my new Adventure and want to start getting out and about with her

No jibbing out this time you lot just cos it put a little drizzle down ;)
I can`t make it this time as so far I`m working both of those weekends :( but the beauty is I can do them anytime :D but not get the crack when doing it with a group :(

Have a good one! :thumb2 :beerjug:

Real ale, you say?
I'd like a night away to truly appreciate the beer...:D

Dates depending, I'd be interested.

:beerjug:

Date For Big SIX

OK folks - the ride is Sat 18 th AUGUST.

Meeting up in Keswick bike park (behind Woolies in Central Car Park) at 10.30 ish.

Then setting off with Newlands, Honister, Kirkstone, Wrynose, Hard Knott and Whinlatter passes.

We can finish the ride in or around Cockermouth where there are some great little pubs and B&B's. If you need accommodation let us know and we can suggest somewhere for you. See also Ian Boyd Seniors offer above.
Suggest anyone staying over meets us in town to sample a few beers at the 'Bitter End' micro brewery. Good meals here and there are also Chinese, Indian and various other eating spots.

Plenty of photostops etc etc.

PLEASE NOTE: we are going on these roads during a quite busy time of year and there will be a few cars about with drivers who have no idea of road etiquette on steep single tracks. Therefore on the steepest bits we may split into 2 groups with a Leader and Tail End Charlie for each group to ensure safety. Myself and Ian are OK for this, if anyone else local is comming let us know.

Numbers please ASAP. If you want to stay the night before say and we can help.

Cheers !!!

David & Lyn
:beer: :guitarist

:blast Bugger! - Just realised this coincides with visitor from Oz, so I'm on tour-guide duty myself.

Ho-hum :confused:

might be up for this, will it be beemer off roady stuff or all tarmac roads or combo, and would it be okay for a ducati 999 to come-if it helps he use to own a 1200gs -sold it on sat 14th:beerjug:

Indian food

If you`re staying in Cockermouth & like Indian food you MUST go to "The spice Club" on the main st cos it`s really good :beerjug:

might be up for this, will it be beemer off roady stuff or all tarmac roads or combo, and would it be okay for a ducati 999 to come-if it helps he use to own a 1200gs -sold it on sat 14th:beerjug:

The steering lock on a 999 will cause much mirth to the other riders while negotiating Hardknott :augie :D

Right then, no wimping out we will be there
We would love to stay over for a few beers but have other commitments so can't:(

Sounds good to me...... will only be able to do the Sat. If you want help with group leading / tail ender.... no probs.
Always bombing round there. Unless puffy sports bike riders start crying ( youll know who i mean Lee??? :) )

:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom