DIN plugs

Johnny Dangerously

Reaction score
...for the accesory socket. Thanks to the advice of a couple of the guys on here, I'm going to wire up my nuvo to my accesory socket this weekend. But where can I get DIN plugs from? Are they standard or BMW specific? i.e, can I get them at maplins for example?

Oh and wish me lucK:thumb2

...for the accesory socket. Thanks to the advice of a couple of the guys on here, I'm going to wire up my nuvo to my accesory socket this weekend. But where can I get DIN plugs from? Are they standard or BMW specific? i.e, can I get them at maplins for example?

Oh and wish me lucK:thumb2

get them from lots of places, do a search :nenau

Just been looking at this, myself.

The DIN plugs are often made by Hella, which will help when Googling. They are found on boats, so a chandlers is a good bet, as well as on some John Deere tractors. I got mine from a local chandler.

Places like Halfords and local motor factors will sell them as well, and those will come with an adapter ring that allows the plug to be used in a car accessory socket. These plugs are a bit too long for me, so I've got an adapter lead for such situations. The plug I got from the chandlers cost £2.68 and as it only sticks out about an inch, can happily be used in either of the 12V sockets on my bike, either down by my left leg, or up on the beak.

cheers tobermory, I'll check out the local halford to see if they have any. Never tried anythng like this so I'm hopind its easy enough

My local motor factors has them as part of their general spares range - it goes by the name of "Universal Plug" and looks like a 12V plug, but the little red ring does pull off, so that you can use it in a BMW socket.

You should be able to get various types of plug and cable by mail order from sailgb as well.

but the little red ring does pull off, so that you can use it in a BMW socket.

Tried one of these and very unimpressed. Not a good fit in the BMW socket poor contacts and sticks out too much. When used in the car it does not fit either my Land Rover or Seat sockets properly and keeps losing contact.

Unless you really need to use in both socket types use a proper DIN plug. Less than £2.00 and does the job properly.

Try here

http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/shopuk/procar_adaptors.htm

or if you are desperate try BMW dealer (or Triumph, they use the same socket). Still only costs about a fiver.

Back
Top Bottom