Zumo 400

Phil Clarke

Reaction score
Anyone know when the Zumo 400 and 450 are due out, and how much? I don't need the 550's blue tooth marlarky so the 400 should be fine and hopefully a fair bit less....

Saw one in Halfords a while back but it was dearer than what you can buy the 500 for and to be honest, I'd go for that, you arn't going to save much buying the 400.

prices

Anyone know when the Zumo 400 and 450 are due out, and how much? I don't need the 550's blue tooth marlarky so the 400 should be fine and hopefully a fair bit less....

Garmin 400 is £350 at halfords today, you can get a 550 for £425 now, 550 is a higher spec unit that comes with car mount and europe mapping, you could probably sell the 550 car mount and lead for for £50 if you tried.

Get the 500

Just got a 500 from Pentagon gps. its now loaded for europe.... You'll struggle to get a 400/450 for less than they are selling 500s and its better unit!

So its a lower spec unit but more expensive than the 500 - how weird. Oh well so much for trying to save money
Tah folks

500 its ace....

I love mine so much I've treated it to a ride in my Jeep with the car mount....

Lucky little Satnav.... all warm and cosy......

EXCELLENT PIECE OF KIT !!!!

Trust me, theres no sd slot on zumo 400 :thumb2 :beerjug:

I don't mean to be argumentative or anything as this is my first post, but I've just bought a Zumo 400 and it's sitting here in front of me with an SD Card slot very apparent. I haven't worked out what the SD slot can and can't do in terms of adding routes/maps/tunes/photos but it's definately there. I'm hoping it will be allow me to add a Morocco map soon and TimOlgra's map of Morocco when it's for sale.
Of course it's raining tonight and I ain't going anywhere, so I might RTFM.

I've had a 400 for a while now. I upgraded from a Quest.

It does have a SD slot. I have a 4Gb SD card in there full of mp3's that I listen to when riding. I also have City Navigator NT v9 on SD card that I can slot in and I then have the whole of Europe mapping.

I bought it when they first came out and they were a bit cheaper than the 500 (I don't need bluetooth). You can now get a 500 cheaper than the 400.

Del

It does have a SD slot. I have a 4Gb SD card in there full of mp3's that I listen to when riding. I also have City Navigator NT v9 on SD card that I can slot in and I then have the whole of Europe mapping.
Del

Can you clear something up for me. Can you put mapping AND music on the same card and get both working? AND, does the music have to come through Bluetooth?

Howard.

Yes , you can have mapping and music on the same card. I have Garmin UK Topo maps on there as well as mp3's and both will work at the same time.

I use custom moulded monitor earplugs and plug into the audio out jack on the cradle. This only works with a powered cradle (the audio amp is in the cradle, not the zumo) so you can't use it as an mp3 player in your hotel room, for example. I don't use bluetooth, that's why I bought the 400, which does not have the bluetooth facility.

HTH

Del

Back
Top Bottom