latest arai tour cross

Nick Marshall

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
saw the latest arai tour cross helmet today, black and blue with a few other colours thrown in, want one now, but not at £350. Anyone seen one below £300. thanks:thumb

saw the latest arai tour cross helmet today, black and blue with a few other colours thrown in, want one now, but not at £350. Anyone seen one below £300. thanks:thumb

This one?

Or is there a new, new one (if so, pics please!)?

Attachments

• tour_x_challenge_blue_p.jpg
    tour_x_challenge_blue_p.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 914
tour X -chalange colours

Hi Nick

Just got a change yellow Tour Cross- yellow version of the blue one you like last saturday from:

J W Groombridge
Heathfield - 01435 862466
*Simon Chapman

£299.90

Great service :clap - not some dolly from HG

yellow

Hi Nick

Just got a change yellow Tour Cross- yellow version of the blue one you like last saturday from:

J W Groombridge
Heathfield - 01435 862466
*Simon Chapman

£299.90

Great service :clap - not some dolly from HG

cheers for that, any other colours i dont know about?

Nick

Chalange RED as well - us the contact I posted above - a good £50 cheaper than the RRP - and B... good service:clap

Nick

If I were you, unless you have already tried a tour X on, I wouldn't by it blind.

They seem to be a bit on the 'tight' side around the cheeks. Get it from an authorised Aria dealer, and they offer the facility of offering different sized cheek pads at no extra cost - but you would need to be there to have the helmet 'fitted'.............I realy can recomend the dealer that I used, and he is only down in East Sussex........not that far from Oxfordshire.:rob

I've just ordered a motard silver one from Gearchange today, £240 inc postage, and they offered free change of cheekpads if you need it. I'll wait & see what the 'standard' cheek pads are like and take it from there. It's couriered so have been told a Tuesday delivery. Worth phoning to order as I wanted the silver aluminium colour but that wasn't in stock. They did offer to get one in but that would take a couple of weeks. They don't advertise the latest coloured ones Nick, but £240 inc del is pretty damn good, and the lady I spoke to was really helpful.

http://www.gearchangeonline.com/product_list.php?id=176

Tour X

My new Tour X was delivered today. Challenge Blue, looks fantastic. Went out for a spin in it this evening.

Bloody hell, I have never riden in such a noisy helmet. Forgot to put my earplugs in for the start of the trip but soon stopped to plug em in. I'm gonna have to take the peak off or the noise will drive me crazy.

Any one else have the same experience?

Edventure

o s..t

My new Tour X was delivered today. Challenge Blue, looks fantastic. Went out for a spin in it this evening.

Bloody hell, I have never riden in such a noisy helmet. Forgot to put my earplugs in for the start of the trip but soon stopped to plug em in. I'm gonna have to take the peak off or the noise will drive me crazy.

Edventure

ordered mine today! :eek: i know they are a bit noisy.. what bike you riding?

ive had my motard tour x in medium for 1 year now and it is noisy and bloody freezing in the winter,

earplugs are a must but it is comfy and the visibility is top notch as is the overall quality.

The peak is ok upto 80moh then it really rips the neck muscles and over the shoulder looks are an art form without loosing your head :eek: literally

I take my peak off if im touring long distances as its a pain on the motorway but on the whole i likes the tour x.

got mine from gearchange for £230 last year in motard silver/black

Nick,
I'm riding a 1200 ADV, may try and adjust the screen and see if that helps with the noise but seriously never had such a noisy helmet. Very comfortable though and great viz.

Ed

Nick,
I'm riding a 1200 ADV, may try and adjust the screen and see if that helps with the noise but seriously never had such a noisy helmet. Ed

It won't improve so if it's a size small I'll give you 50 quid for it :augie

Steve

tour x

Edventure

used mine today, Great!! no problem with noise etc. Only problem, i was on a KTM 990i ADV with a tall screen. Will try the R1150GS ADV tomorrow, think it wont be so lucky. Anyone gor a set of torbinator for sale?

Back
Top Bottom