Normandy Chateau 2003

mrTickle

Reaction score
1st UK GS'ers Normandy trip

Ninteen UK GS'ers attended this Normandy trip. We all stayed at the fabulous Chateau le Mont Epinguet and toured the region on our trusty GS's in-between the 20/9/03 & the 24/9/03. A really great time was had by all and it's even rumoured that a possible return visit for 2004 is being planned...

Thanks go out to everyone, for making the trip the success it was. Cheers :beerjug:

Pic 1:- those who went along

Attachments

• chateau025.jpg
    chateau025.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 898
Pic 2:- Yosi lining us all up outside the Chateau

Attachments

• chateau019.jpg
    chateau019.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 722
Jim McSharry, Lord of the Manor on his p'tio

Attachments

• chateau024.jpg
    chateau024.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 557
Evening meals were included ( along with all the wine that you could drink :) )

Attachments

• chateau023.jpg
    chateau023.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 429
Pic 2.............. how dya do that. is it trick photography

I see you managed to keep the Dutchman's RT out of Shot !!:D

Looks like a great place...............:green gri

CC

:cool

coolcarbon said:

CC

Chris managed to keep the barge out of sight most of the time, he still managed a couple of trips out and out-did the GS's by 100 miles each time and back to the Chateau an hour or two before us.

And he took a zillion piccies, including some real corkers so hopefully we'll see these on the web just as soon as he clears Hadrian's Wall.

Den said:
Pic 2.............. how dya do that. is it trick photography

It'll be an "Out of Body Experience"............spooky:angel

Thanks for the Pic of the Tank Den........ummmmmmmm

CC

:cool:

coolcarbon said:

CC

Well... since you like the Rt that much... I was the first one at the Chateau, and sitting there in the garden taking in some sun waiting for the rest to come... and who was the first to enter...............

Attachments

• dscf2228.jpg
    dscf2228.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 403
I hope he managed to fill those LARGE Panniers with some of the finest French Liquid refreshment!!:boozer ...........:D

CC

:cool:

What's the story behind this????

IMG_1692.jpg

Mike:D

Silver Wedding.....

Event organiser Jim MaSharry & his wife Pam celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary while we were away......so three of our number decided to 'Silver' his GS..... :D

Re: Silver Wedding.....

Dutchman said:
Event organiser Jim MaSharry & his wife Pam celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary while we were away......so three of our number decided to 'Silver' his GS..... :D

very cool !!!

Red Shoes

Ok So they were very red (I can't beilive it) but who cares the whole weekend was great and I can't wait to do it again.:beer:

See you guys soon and hopefully no spoons this time!

Just been through my digi pics for last week hoping to show you all wee Mike Werner but I don't seem to have him there - think he's on the 35mm stuff. Anyway, this guy is H U G E - if he says it's Friday then it's Friday! (Only having a laugh Mike!)
From us all Mike, can I say a big thanks for all the time and effort you put in to making our routing easy - it was a pleasure having you with us - here's to the next one!:beerjug:

Re: Red Shoes

Dorothy said:
Ok So they were very red (I can't beilive it) but who cares the whole weekend was great and I can't wait to do it again.:beer:

See you guys soon and hopefully no spoons this time!

Dorothy......I think you should make an avatar of this:

Attachments

• img_1592.jpg
    img_1592.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 83
jim mcsharry said:
Just been through my digi pics for last week hoping to show you all wee Mike Werner but I don't seem to have him there - think he's on the 35mm stuff. Anyway, this guy is H U G E - if he says it's Friday then it's Friday! (Only having a laugh Mike!)
From us all Mike, can I say a big thanks for all the time and effort you put in to making our routing easy - it was a pleasure having you with us - here's to the next one!:beerjug:

Well, it sure was fun meeting all you little people...(apart from one female who will remain nameless:cool: )

It was a blast, and enjoyed it. Broke every speed law going back since I usually know where speed traps are on the autoroutes;...

Following day I had to nurse my very sick GS to Rouen to the dealer. The 50 km ride took 4 hours. Dealer says the gearbox is as good as dead. Looks like the dealer I bought it from 2nd hand and had serviced it had kind of forgotten to put oil in the gearbox, and apparently you do need oil... Lucky me for 2nd hand warrentees.. BMW gets to pay for it, but it's going to take 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom