Muttley`s footpegs

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Muttley

I`ve asked you twice now and forgotten each time:blast

Who makes the swively footpegs on your bike?

Thanks

Powerpegz

They are called Powerpegz and this is there home page:

http://www.powerpegz.com/home.cfm?CFID=11246054&CFTOKEN=82694039

There was a Nippy Norman sticker in the box and I believe there were bought from him originally (although I got mine from this site in the FS&W section) for around £120. Unfortunately I now can't find them on his site :nenau

I've got to say they really are the Korean Meatballs though, thoroughly recommended and so easy to fit even I managed it in about 5 minutes :eek:

I've just fitted the fastway ones, £80, should be good for off road,

can you post a piccie of yours mutters ??

cheers

Rob

can you post a piccie of yours mutters ??

I can do but in the mean time follow the link, there is a load of information, pictures and a downloadable .pdf file :thumb2

Fastways, have 'em on both bikes. better made I reckon:thumb

I can't honestly agree with that Fred. These Powerpegz look as well made as anything I've seen and very nicely engineered.:nenau

In additition Fastways cause as many problems as they solve as the problem of changing gear or operating the rear break whilst wearing off-road boots is made more difficult by the width of the pegs. The Powerpegz are wider than standard but not as wide as the Fastways, plenty comfy for all day off road especially in MX boots :thumb2

Price difference

Thanks Mutters

I`ve checked the site out and they are $129 a pair from the US but the UK distributor want £109 a pair.:eek:

I think I need to talk to them about the current exchange rate......

If I can`t get it sorted, I`ll get my friend to order them stateside and ship them over.

I can do but in the mean time follow the link, there is a load of information, pictures and a downloadable .pdf file :thumb2

In additition Fastways cause as many problems as they solve as the problem of changing gear or operating the rear break whilst wearing off-road boots is made more difficult by the width of the pegs. The Powerpegz are wider than standard but not as wide as the Fastways, plenty comfy for all day off road especially in MX boots :thumb2

can't say that I noticed that in 8 hours of off roading yesterday, but then I haven't used your pegs:nenau :nenau

on the whole I thought the fastways were very good

Rob

off road god

I'll bow to your off road superiority:aidan :aidan :bow :bounce1 :bounce1 :bow

I can't honestly agree with that Fred. These Powerpegz look as well made as anything I've seen and very nicely engineered.:nenau

Pictures

Here's one from the top, you can see they are about twice the width of a standard 1150GSA peg:

176098164-M.jpg

This shows the peg tilted forward:

176098153-M.jpg

and this shows the peg tilted back:

176098139-M.jpg

It may not look a great deal of movement but it certainly feels like it, and it does take a little getting used to.

Oh yes, I know the bike is dirty and the garage floor needs a sweep :mmmm

can't say that I noticed that in 8 hours of off roading yesterday,

I know at least one person who has removed their Fastways for exactly this reason. Obviously no one would ever question your off road pedigree and it may be that you have the only pair of flexible off road boots in the world, or very small feet. 8 whole hours, really? Phew!

but then I haven't used your pegs:nenau :nenau

I don't think you've even seen them have you?

on the whole I thought the fastways were very good

Rob

Nobody said they weren't. They are probably the best selling aftermarket pegs and plenty of people reckon they are the best. Maybe these are just a better mousetrap, I know I like them though.

are you taking offence or is it just coming across that way ?????????????

I have a set of "Pivot-pegs" on mine which are remarkably similar, but a tad shinier, and do the exact same thing. I bought mine at the Dirt Bike show, at just over £100, but with a free t-shirt!:D
Mark

they do look quite good but as I didn't know that they existed I went for the fastways and then moved the gear lever

Rob

Shiny version

I have a set of "Pivot-pegs" on mine which are remarkably similar, but a tad shinier, and do the exact same thing. I bought mine at the Dirt Bike show, at just over £100, but with a free t-shirt!:D
Mark

Like you say, they look just the same only shinier with Pivot-Pegz stamped in them ;)

If they are good enough for Mick Extance they are good enough for me :thumb

Home page and contact details here: http://www.pivotpegz.net/

On their way

Ordered a couple of sets direct from the US because the exchange rate is so frickin good even with $28 delivery!! It represents a £40 saving per set from the UK importer.....sweet!:thumb

Kicks the sh*t out of Touratech IMHO...!!

I`ll buy you a beer on of the proceeds Mutters old lad and BTBR can carry on wrecking the soles of his boots with fastways:eek:

superior

:eek: :cool: :spitfire :hide
Now confirmed from Muttleys pic's that Fastways vastly superior in every way:augie :augie :thedummy :thumb2 :beerjug: :clap :nono

Here's one from the top, you can see they are about twice the width of a standard 1150GSA peg:

176098164-M.jpg

This shows the peg tilted forward:

176098153-M.jpg

and this shows the peg tilted back:

176098139-M.jpg

It may not look a great deal of movement but it certainly feels like it, and it does take a little getting used to.

Oh yes, I know the bike is dirty and the garage floor needs a sweep :mmmm

Just because it's not about Touratech :rolleyes:

Not really, more about people reading half a thread and then passing comment.

The end result is total confusion, terminating in the now mandoraty mild chest beating.

Personally I hate riding in moto-x boots on the road, even for a short amount of time. I have tried the NN pegs and also the TT ones and I still prefer the std ones.

FFS sake you are not standing up constantly for hours on end. Plus you should be moving your weight around on the bike to help you steer.

But then again its a bit like having TKCs fitted and only going off road once or twice every six months?

Image, as they say is everything. :hide

Back
Top Bottom