Sold my T MAX

Robbo1200ADV

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:eek: Sold my old Friend the T MAX today :eek: Only the fact that a new one (last in the Country ) Is on its way is Giving me any consulation.It looked Great as the Guy Rode it away.Moody Black Sport screen Midnight black:tears :tears :tears :tears Never thought I'd miss a Sports Scooter:tears

I think there must be a new model soon as they are in such short supply, i know they did not sell too well here but it is difficult to get them in EU land too. With the 850cc jobs in Italy thay have to do some thing soon, i had the second one sold in the UK when they came out, them two Big Burthers 650's
that too is a great machine Larf-ed at by sport bike riders and the rest. I did 39,000 on a big Burger mostly in front of sports bikes in EU land on hols....:D

GS is better though, i bought mine cos at the time i had had an Opp on my left leg and it took 4 years for the nerves to knit again ( no feeling to change gear ) they opened my eyes to modern Scoots....:thumb

I wanted a t-max a couple year ago. Was put off by high maintenance costs and low mpg.

Are T-Max's no longer made then ?

We were mega impressed a couple of years ago when we were heading down to Spain.

I was on my KTM 950 S and doing a steady ton just north of Perpignan when a guy on a T-Max in shorts,t-shirt and flip flops overtook us.

We caught up with him and rode with him for about 5 miles doing 115 on the clock.

Amazing bit of kit.

Never got to ride one,though I had a Gilera Runner 180 2 stroke which did 95 and I should never have sold it.

They are being made ,I've just got my new Silver T Max. However Yamaha have underestimated how many were wanted in the UK ,so they are scarce,most seem to go to France Italy and Spain where you see hundreds of them.I reckon a 750 or 900 cc version would be awesome as they really do handle ,but yes fuel consumption when ridden hard means 90 mile to reserve!:eek:

T Max... wonderful.

I love mine it is a lovely ride. Much quicker with the fill shite bag and muffs in winter. Very stable on motorways... 100 easy.

Gramps

Hi,
What did you get for it? was it a private sale? What year.

Mine is an 02 and done 1600 miles only. Been serviced and mot'ed each year. Thought of moving on to something else,
Peter
pacaldwell@ntlworld.con

hi it was a 2004 54 plate 8000 miles sold for £4000 ! private sale. it was immaculate though .my new one was £5800 so I reckon pretty cheap to change to a brand new one .i will keep this one for 3 years unless a bigger engined T Max comes out:thumb2

T Max... wonderful.

If You are interested either PM or em me to discuss. It is like new.
Gramps

Back
Top Bottom