A TOUR OF TURLOUGH HILL PUMP STATION

flash of the gap

Reaction score
ON THE 28TH JULY 07 ON BEHALF OF THE NEIL MELON CAMP CHARITY.

on saturday afternoon at 2 pm meeting at turlough hill car park ,where you will receive a full tour of the esb pump station and storage plant.

this will be an amazing one off tour as the plant has been closed to the public for a number of years now.

the tour will take approximatly an hour long and will take in veiwing of the bottom lake and then on into the half mile long tunnell carved in the mountain
to the heart of the plant.

from here the tour really begins where you will get to see the giant turbines of which there are four in number as you wind your way up narrow stairs to the main chamber in side the mountain

you will get to see the fitting section where the engineers work from and also the control room the brain of the plant where from the push of a button you can give enough power to run every household and factory in leinster and more.

wheather permitting , you will be given a tour of the top lake where you can take in the magnificent of the county of wicklow.

this is a fully guided tour it is also a fund raising for the neil melon camp charity so your kind donations will very grateful .

NOT TO BE MIISSED. THIS IS TRULY AN AMAZING FETE OF IRISH ENGINEERING (AS SEEN ON DISCOVERY CHANNEL)

That sounds interesting Flash. :)

A few questions though if I may.............

Where is Turlough Hill car park?

Any idea on the price of the tour?

Does anyone have a GPS waypoint for it?

I am working on Saturday morning, but might be able to get away in time for it. :)

Flash
Can I just go along, or do I need to book?

Do you know where it is Padge? Maybe we could meet up in Jacksville and head down?

Will you be allowed out this weekend? :p :augie

:hide :hide

Well dear, I have to go out now, coz Aidan is coming down....

It's not too far from Glendalough, so I'll get exact directions.

Do you know where it is Padge? Maybe we could meet up in Jacksville and head down?

Will you be allowed out this weekend? :p :augie

:hide :hide

hi aidan , it,s a charity run no fee, however a small donation wont be refused so tell a freind (IF ANY) turlough hill is the highest point between hollywood and laragh you will see the car park ,anyway i will be at emo station hollywood at 1.30 to meet any bikers goin over, padge might be goin if he can get out so hook up with him ,see ye there

Right so. Subject to getting away from work handy on Saturday morning I will be down. :)

I will keep in touch with you on Saturday morning Padge. Any idea of a meeting point?

Howabouts Bewleys Hotel at the M1 / M50 roundabout. Let me know what time you reckon you'll be down for?

Right so. Subject to getting away from work handy on Saturday morning I will be down. :)

I will keep in touch with you on Saturday morning Padge. Any idea of a meeting point?

the car park is on the R756 (Hollywood to Laragh) and is at....

N53.04175
W6.39273

best bet would be M50 to J11
south on the N81 (direction Blessington/Tullow)
left on R756 at Hollywood cross (about 10km south of Blessington)

Jaysus.. the northern boys are finally coming down to Wiggala... And all we had to do was open a power station for them...:aidan

I'll ask d'wife to boil the kettle.

Jaysus.. the northern boys are finally coming down to Wiggala... And all we had to do was open a power station for them...:aidan

I'll ask d'wife to boil the kettle.

I was down at one of Duffys brekkie runs last summer in Wickla Paul, but it feckin pished down. Hope it is better this weekend. :dabone

Might not have time for tae on the way down, but a feed on the way home would do grand. :augie

:D :D

I was down at one of Duffys brekkie runs last summer in Wickla Paul, but it feckin pished down. Hope it is better this weekend. :dabone

Might not have time for tae on the way down, but a feed on the way home would do grand. :augie

:D :D

Aidan you're in luck...... stay overnight and you can get another free brekkie...

RETURN OF THE BREAKFAST RUN!

Yes, the famous Joe Duffy Breakfast run is back!

Joe Duffy Motorrad would like to invite our customers and friends for a breakfast run on SUNDAY 29th JULY starting at the dealership at 9.00am, and traveling to The Wicklow Heather for breakfast and then on to various destinations to be decided on the day. We’ll buy breakfast for all who turn up on BMW bikes.

In order for us to book numbers at the Heather, please email back if you would like to join us.

We look forward to seeing you on the day for the craic and hopefully some good motorcycling weather at last!

Proposed topics for discussion over breakfast include;

The MLC MCC initiation ceremony.
Last months Garmisch BMW biker meet.
The forth coming BMW Off Road skills course.
2 stroke engines and why they need oil.

Back
Top Bottom