Riders Rally 2007

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Is anyone else from here planning on doing the Riders this year?

Starting at Portarlington next Friday. More details here.

Probably the best rally in Ireland each year. Hope to see a few of you there.

Yes, even you GerryC. :p :augie

Nope :(

It's Boreen Time :bounce1 :bounce1 This year Daithi & I are gonna get a group of over 40 peeps from the Pipe & Slippers brigade hopelessly lost in the wilds of Armagh (or maybe Cavan or Fermanagh or Sligo or quite possibly all of the above) :D

Oh, happy days :aidan :aidan

This year Daithi & I are gonna get a group of over 40 peeps from the Pipe & Slippers brigade hopelessly lost in the wilds of Armagh (or maybe Cavan or Fermanagh or Sligo or quite possibly all of the above) :D

Provided you both don't get lost this weekend again. :augie :augie

:D :D :D

Is that the best ya can do for Post # 3000 :tosser

If we're lost I'll just ring ya for directions :aidan

RaceTruck, NIPhil and I expect to be there. Won't be starting until midday on Saturday so we're going to need to figure out something in relation to getting signed in and next checkpoint as the Portarlington one closes at midday on Saturday.

Just makes it all the more interesting I suppose.

Hope to see you there, wherever there is.

Nope :(

It's Boreen Time :bounce1 :bounce1 This year Daithi & I are gonna get a group of over 40 peeps from the Pipe & Slippers brigade hopelessly lost in the wilds of Armagh (or maybe Cavan or Fermanagh or Sligo or quite possibly all of the above) :D

Oh, happy days :aidan :aidan

and if you do, don't tell anyone, cos we won't even notice ;)

I blame the fella who did the route on Mapsource :mad:

Ya obviously shoulda put another waypoint at that junction :rob

RaceTruck, NIPhil and I expect to be there. Won't be starting until midday on Saturday so we're going to need to figure out something in relation to getting signed in and next checkpoint as the Portarlington one closes at midday on Saturday.

Just makes it all the more interesting I suppose.

Hope to see you there, wherever there is.

They usually leave some word when closing checkpoints. 087 2975066 if your stuck; I'm starting on Fri. :thumb2

Whilst on the Riders you often end up close to photo points on the Photo Rally. The list of locations can be found as PDF files for download in this thread. ;)

The last time I rode the riders rally was in 1986. it was a superb event. I have ridden the same route since but a taking my time to enjoy it even more since then.

Can we have a bit more notice next year so I can possibly make arangements to get over in 2008.

The last time I rode the riders rally was in 1986. it was a superb event. I have ridden the same route since but a taking my time to enjoy it even more since then.

Can we have a bit more notice next year so I can possibly make arangements to get over in 2008.

Riders Rally is always on the Irish August Bank Holiday weekend - the weekend of the first Monday in August.
Same weekend as the Boreen Run, which is a pity.

It is a superb rally indeed Keith. It is a great pity that it and the Boreen Run fall on the same weekend. :(

Start details for the Riders are usually posted on the DMTC website in April or May. You may wish to bookmark their site for further reference. Click here.

I intend to post a report when I get back from this year's event, but in the meanwhile here is a link to last year's Riders.

Back
Top Bottom