1150GS Adventure Touring Tool Kit ?

ExploringRTW

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm on the last leg of an Around-the-world trip and will spend this in Australia & New Zealand. I have decided though to change from my Dakar to an Adventure, ideally a 1200 but an 1150 will be ok too-depends what's available.

I'm currently in India and need to keep the weight of my baggage to Australia to the absolute minimum as excess baggage charges are very high, hence most of my tools will go home with the bike next week and I will need to buy some more in Australia for the Adventure.

I obviously don't know what tools are recommened but I plan going to the outback and overall cover about 25,000km. I also plan to service the bike myself. I've found an excellent 'Touring list' on UKGSER for the 1200 but nothing for the 1150.

Do any of you have anything such as a Touring list drawn up ? or would be prepared to specify what you consider would be important items please ?

Thanks,

Mike Giles

www.exploringrtw.com ....... which will bring you back to the travllers forum of this web-site !! :D

I think this maybe in the wrong forum for a full view by members and decent replies. This is where you come to FIND advice, not the best place to ask it.

. This is where you come to FIND advice, not the best place to ask it.

hiya Steptoe I've just signed up as you can see, what I need is some help with my 1150 front brakes! I want to change the fluid as it's well over due, but I found right hand side does not have a bleed screw is this normal? & the other Q I have is the hex nut in the remote bleeder for the clutch seems to be stuck fast & has started to strip, any suggestions on how to remove it
:101 Shrek

hiya Steptoe I've just signed up as you can see, what I need is some help with my 1150 front brakes! I want to change the fluid as it's well over due, but I found right hand side does not have a bleed screw is this normal? & the other Q I have is the hex nut in the remote bleeder for the clutch seems to be stuck fast & has started to strip, any suggestions on how to remove it

Try asking in the 1150 part of the forum. This particular forum is where all decent info is stored, rather than discussed.:thumb2

Welcome BTW

You have to buy a bleed nipple, strange I know, bloody BMW. Re stuck one? I can't answer without a good look at it as any suggestion like stud extractor might make it worse. Best of luck.
PB

Try asking in the 1150 part of the forum. This particular forum is where all decent info is stored, rather than discussed.:thumb2

Welcome BTW

You have to buy a bleed nipple, strange I know, bloody BMW. Re stuck one? I can't answer without a good look at it as any suggestion like stud extractor might make it worse. Best of luck.
PB

:beerjug: cheers guys worked it out

Back
Top Bottom