Oil Cooler Protection

naked jon

Try this if you're worried about stone damage to your oil cooler but (like me) have no desire to fork out £30 plus for a ready made guard.

Go to your local car accessory shop.
Buy a small sheet of perforated aluminium mesh ( available usually in different thicknesses).
Take off your screen, undershield and headlamp surround, loosen indicators and removing beak retaining screws lower beak to allow access to rad.
Cut aluminium to shape, bend and slot above and below rad., fixing in place either with small self tappers being careful not to perforate anything, or - shock horror - just use a bit of duct tape each side to secure.
Put everything back on the bike.
Stand back and smile.
Oh, did I say spray it black first if you like?
Yes, I know it won't stop a half brick, but it will absorb the impact of most flying gravel, and will stop bugs building up between the radiator fins.
The writer of this article can claim no responsibility for any damage which may occur to you, your motorbike or your reputation with your mates should you try this idea.
Later folks,
Jonny;)

Oi Jonny....

We've bin there an done that mate, see numerous threads on cheapo mods. More ideas the better though!

Cheap as Chips

B+Q comes in a sheet about 24"X18" for £4.95 cut to size spray with clear laquer fit to bike with the left over make another for your mates GS cheap as chips easy as pie

Attachments

• grille33.jpg
    grille33.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 335

Back
Top Bottom