Hopwood Services

BTBR

Compulsive tinkerer........!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On account that I live about three miles from here I would normally never have occasion to visit.

However, on Friday I was returning back to Solihull and I had to stop to take my legal break, HGV rules in case you had not guessed.

So I followed the signs to the lorry park only to discover that the lorry park is a 10 minute walk from the main service area.:mad:

Who ever designed these services cleary did NOT take HGV drivers into consideration.

Of course it was p*ssing it down and I need a number two, so with buttocks clenched it was a quick (as quick as I could be given the circumstances) 5 minute dash/run to avoid getting soaking wet I was inside the main service area, but where are the toilets, oh yes silly me, on the first floor. :confused:

Why put toilets up in the air FFS?

I always though that after all the hype about this place that it would be cutting edge design, doh......wrong again.

It's very cutting edge if you want to buy a nasty cheap polo shirt ;)

As a motorway services it leaves a lot to be desired. The queues for 'food' are always enormous (not that there is any nutritional value in anything they serve), and the coffee and petrol are extortionate :(

Have you not noticed that all new services are lorry un friendly, try the Oxford ones next time your passing.
It's why I gave up driving, motorcyclists 2nd class citizens (dirty bikers), lorry drivers way last as 5th or 6th class citizens.

Back
Top Bottom