GPS newbie!

hovis

Reaction score
Hi all.....looking to buy a Sat Nav, and hoping for some advice! We need all of Europe preferable pre-loaded if poss and wonder what folks reckon are the best models out there? So far, we are looking at Streetpilot 2610, and Garmin Zumo 550 , and Tom-tom Rider 2.
Would appreciate any pointers to look out for! Zumo obviously looks the biz as it's biker designed etc, but then again costs more. But we do want something that will last for some time and not need replaced in a year or two.
many thanks!
IQ

I use the 2820 which is like the Zumo 550 but with the 2610 casing. There is a 2720 version that doesn't have bluetooth which is cheaper.

The 2820 has been really easy to use. Straight out of the box it was fine. I only recently started using the PC software and updated it to v9 of the maps.

No problems with it so far. It is a bit big and a pain when you stop off at service stations. Have to carry that and the helmet etc .. I think the Zumo is slightly more pocket size.

Got it from www.blokesstuff.com which was the cheapest at the time.

I have a zumo 550, but would go for the 450 i think, like the 550 but without the bluetooth, its a top sat nav, easy to use, has full postcode search, touchscreen, its an excellent upgrade from the quest that i used to have :thumb2

If you are new to SatNav - go for the Zumo.

You won't regret it.

(I don't have one, but have used one for a week in France)

Al :thumb

I have a zumo 550, but would go for the 450 i think, like the 550 but without the bluetooth, its a top sat nav, easy to use, has full postcode search, touchscreen, its an excellent upgrade from the quest that i used to have :thumb2

Hi Ian...the 450 sounds good, but I can only find details about it for America and Canada...it doesn't seem to exist in Britain? I can find the 400, 500, and 550 here only! Have you seen it somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom