PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, just bought an 1100GS

Deanus
09-08-07, 09:17
Hey all..

Just picked up my new R1100GS last night.. only passed my test 3 weeks ago but have been riding on my CBT for two years..

The GS is awesome!!.. I love it..

Some pics..

http://i3.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/aa/cb/73c8_3.JPG

:D

Paul G (BHT)
09-08-07, 09:57
Welcome Dean, that's one lovely looking 1100 you have there, almost as nice as Vern's new one here (http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115087) :thumb2

Tarka
09-08-07, 09:57
Hiya mate

Well done...and welcome aboard :thumb2

Congrats on buying the BEST EVER model of GS,too :beerjug::D

Looks a good one :clap

Trippy
09-08-07, 10:01
Nice bike mate :thumb2

xbootie
09-08-07, 15:06
Hello and welcome, bike does look nice - very clean too :augie

Vern
09-08-07, 16:57
Nice one,do tell,how much how many miles where from,you know,all the crap we need to know:thumb

Duchess
09-08-07, 18:15
Hello and welcome Dean, nice to have you with us.

Congratulations on the new purchase ..... :thumb2

Ash
09-08-07, 18:29
Nice one,do tell,how much how many miles where from,you know,all the crap we need to know:thumb

yes do tell :D
nice looking bike.
welcome:thumb

mikepg
09-08-07, 19:23
Looks very nice....and hello!

Shurv
09-08-07, 21:45
Good choice,look in really good nick........welcome to the madhouse:thumb2

garfield
09-08-07, 22:00
hello from another newbie :thumb2

:)

Obadiah
10-08-07, 10:43
Saw this bike on ebay - would have gone to see it myself if it had been nearer!
I think you've bought a good one there - well done.

Deanus
10-08-07, 20:16
Thanks peeps...

1998 (R), 31,000 miles.. bought it for just over 3k. full service history, i'm the 3rd owner, heated grips, ABS, top box and panniers. bought from a buy in Goring.

Been riding it to work the last couple of days... its soo good.

Not getting any email notifications.. must sort that out or would have replied earlier!!:)

Timolgra
10-08-07, 20:32
you'll be getting a parking ticket if your not careful:rob;)

Deanus
13-08-07, 17:15
Well spotted... ;)

Thats actually taken outside the blokes house I bought it from... and he is a copper!! :D

Went to take it to work this morning... damn flat battery.. been riding it all weekend..:confused:

The Other PaulG
13-08-07, 20:43
Well spotted... ;)

Thats actually taken outside the blokes house I bought it from... and he is a copper!! :D

Went to take it to work this morning... damn flat battery.. been riding it all weekend..:confused:

As usual I stand to be corrected :rolleyes: but as far as I'm aware charging problems on 1100s are very rare, but they do benefit from a new battery every now and then, especially ABS ones like yours. If you charge it and it loses charge again, clean the contacts, fit a new one and you probably won't have any more problems. It might be worth having a chat with the vendor, he may know when it was last replaced.

Paul G
Great bike, BTW. :thumb2

garfield
14-08-07, 10:17
:whatthefe

sorry to post-jack....I just noticed, The Other PaulG ......that's my name too....I lived in South Africa (was born there) .....I was born in November (albeit not as old as him).....I used to live in Surrey......:eek: ....is this some crazy government thing to steal my life.......:spitfire

It's clear, he is my Nemesis and I must kill him ...... :Aurelius

:eek:

:mmmm

Rev Chuck
14-08-07, 10:37
Nice bike Deanus - enjoy it. Don't buy anything new for it until you have ridden if for a while. If it does not need anything done to it leave it alone and you will have fun.

:topic
Welcome Dean, :thumb2

As usual I stand to be corrected :rolleyes: Paul G

:whatthefe... sorry to post-jack....I just noticed, The Other PaulG ......that's my name too....I lived in South Africa (was born there) .....I was born in November (albeit not as old as him).....I used to live in Surrey......:eek: ....is this some crazy government thing to steal my life.......:spitfire

Oh no, its the end of the world as we know it: there are three Paul G's on the site.:eek:rolleyes: Reminds me of a song:
Three craws sitting on a wa'

garfield
14-08-07, 10:39
I prefer....

http://www.aspencountry.com/aspen/assets/product_images/product_lib/34000-34999/34513.jpg

:augie

The Other PaulG
15-08-07, 10:11
: (albeit not as old as him).....

Watch it, with all that age comes wisdom! :D

Paul G (the other, other)