PDA

View Full Version : London newbe.

jabberwocky413
16-08-07, 16:49
Hello folks, just a brief description of myself. Im a 45yr old fireman from London and a confirmed biker, I ride 24/7/365 and have done so for about 25 years. I have'nt even bothered with a car licence! I go everywhere and do everything by bike. I won't bore you with a list of bikes I have owned, if you feel the need to get some sleep just ask!
I don't own a Bmw just yet but Im after a new R 1200GS once I have sold one of my kids for scientific research and sold my Yamaha Xt 660x! Would appreciate advice on how to sneak the bike under "the womans" radar?
Looking forward to sorting out the fettling of the bike once it's in my grubby hands via advice from this site.

Tarka
16-08-07, 17:59
Hiya fella

Welcome aboard...or do we have to 'beware the Jabberwocky' ?? ;)

Fish fondler eh ??

Tickled any trout lately ?? :P

Duchess
16-08-07, 21:21
Hello and welcome to the forum Jabberwocky413. Quite and interesting user name you've chosen there, its not really one that rolls off the tongue very easily .... :)

There's plenty of information to be had reference GS's of various types and models to wet your appetite. If you can't find what you're looking for just give a virtual shout here and I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses from other forum members to help you along the way.

Have fun and enjoy your stay with us.

:)

jabberwocky413
17-08-07, 08:52
Hello Tarka and Duchess, the name jabberwocky comes from one of my favourite films by Michael Palin/Terry Gilliam, the 413 bit is the last three of my old army pay number.
Regarding tickling trout, Im more a Carp cuddler myself but anything scaly and slimey will do! I also go fishing on the bike, rods,tents and maggots and all!

Scott
17-08-07, 09:54
I ride 24/7/365 and have done so for about 25 years.

....hhmmmm assuming an average speed of 30mph, that means you must have ridden 6,570,000 miles since 1982
:eek:
:bow
:D

welcome aboard. I'm just down the road from you in Richmond. I ride most days - commute down to Basingstoke - so may see you around.

jabberwocky413
17-08-07, 12:41
....hhmmmm assuming an average speed of 30mph, that means you must have ridden 6,570,000 miles since 1982

Hello Scott,yeah sometimes it feels like it ! I work in Twickenham so I might see you on the 316 (Don't crash it there or it might be me turning up and offering to buy the wreck cheap!)

wayne
17-08-07, 12:51
Hello Scott,yeah sometimes it feels like it ! I work in Twickenham so I might see you on the 316 (Don't crash it there or it might be me turning up and offering to buy the wreck cheap!)

Jabber welcome, are attending the East Mid Camping weekend I know Bryn would love to see you there :augie

GSmonkey
17-08-07, 14:10
Would appreciate advice on how to sneak the bike under "the womans" radar?.......somebody once told me that its easier to seek forgiveness than approval:D

Marks adventure
17-08-07, 16:21
Welcome

Why not join us at the North London meet.. details http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115614

Its a good night out and it would be good to meet you..

Greg Masters
17-08-07, 16:34
the name jabberwocky comes from one of my favourite films by Michael Palin/Terry Gilliam ..

I think that you'll find Jabberwock pre-dates Palin & Gilliam. It's a name first coined by Lewis Carroll in the 1870s:

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!"

(The Jabberwock got beheaded, BTW!!)

Anyway welcome. Hope to see you at a north London meeting (2nd Thursday each month) or in south London (4th Thursday).

:beerjug:

Greg