Is Roy Pidcock the only place for servicing?

tonto kowalski

Reaction score
I have an 1150GS,2000 on a W,with 3000 genuine miles on the clock.
Am I best off taking it to Roy Pidcock for servicing,or is there someone in the Nottingham area who can do just as good a job for less money?

I have an 1150GS,2000 on a W,with 3000 genuine miles on the clock.
Am I best off taking it to Roy Pidcock for servicing,or is there someone in the Nottingham area who can do just as good a job for less money?

YES

YOU!!
:clap:clap:clap

If I can do it any one can!

Pleasley Motorcycles

Excellent for service, Dave's done my 1200GS since it was new.

Duncan

:boobies :boobies :boobies

Boxerman is fine up to a point.. his real forté is for airheads. He can do the basics... but to be honest Its just as easy to do it yourself.

Pleasley get my vote.. excellent service - fast (they do MOTs too)
They can usualy fit you in the same week you call... often next day:thumb

Only take my bike to Pidcocks if it needs to go on the diagnostic gadget. (which Pleasley lacks)

but you often have to wait a week or 3 for a space in the busy schedule.. which is a real nuisance.

mine gets done at RWH in Lincoln tel 01522 523820 if you want a quote
they are cheap for tyres and do mots too and it is near to the centre so you can shop while it is serviced
regards bisbee

before I bought my 1150, i had a look on this site and it was said, that if you could service a "A"series mini, then you can service a Gs, they were right, I seviced mine a 24k service, including replacing all fluids(non abs) and making a manometer to balance the throttlebodies, including doing the external fuel filter mod, cost about £80 in parts iirc(twinspark) :thumb

i found Rainbow to be substantially cheaper than Pidcocks for my 650GS if you want to keep the booked stamped..:rob
..not exectly on the doorstep though

I work @ shentons garage in ashbourne & service bikes + mot tests give them a ring & ask for (mark) 01335 300734 will stamp service book also £38 an hour + vat:D
Or i can do it in brassington nr matlock as a forigner (have a number of bmw?ktm regulars customers ):augie

to be honest I would say take your bike ANYWHERE else but Pidcocks.
I had 2 bkes from them in as many years. I wont be setting foot in their shop ever again.
Pidcocks idea of customer service is they are doing you favour as they think people have no where else to go. Loan bikes are rare and old with empty fule tanks if you do get one. Where as wollastons are always the latest models, so far I have been leant a 12 rt k1200gt and 200 mile old f800st all with a full tank of fuel.
Last time I got the bike back from pidcocks, it was givem back to Me with an empty tank of petrol (had been taken to them by mondial with a full tank) and the fuel lines were only half conected so when I rode the bike into work and back it was leaking fuel onto the barrels as I rode along. When I rang up to complain all I got was a oh... maybe you should get someoen to look at it.
Lucky for Me I had driven up to fetch the bke with a tailer ( I now live 100 miles form pidcocks and even tho mondail had taken it to them as the suplying delaer to fix, pidcocks refused to give Me a loan bike or return it themselves) else I would have been riding a bike down the m1 that was leaking fule on to a hot engine.

I now use wollastons the current bike is under a full AUB warantee, and thier service depeartment is lightyears ahead of pidcocks, when it comes to customer service and you dont have to weeks in advance. Unlike pidcocks where I was having to book my next servce as soon as I picked the bike up having just paid for the last one....

Roy and Martha must be turning in their graves I used to be regular and loyal customer when Roy Pidcocks was just a small shop on Osmaston Road in derby selling Kawasakis and BMWs, with Marhta running the spares side upstairs. Sadly it seems bigger isnt better in this case.

mine gets done at RWH in Lincoln tel 01522 523820 if you want a quote
they are cheap for tyres and do mots too and it is near to the centre so you can shop while it is serviced
regards bisbee

I'll vouch for them as well :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom