best way to make a Jpeg from mapsource ?

squid

Reaction score
I'm trying to copy a large route to attach on here. Whats the best way.

I can screenshot and open in photoshop but have not sust out how to highlight and copy direct from the map in order to create a JPEg of just a selection.

Is this due to copyright or me missing the obvious?

Also, if I zoom out enough to show the area on one page the waypoints and there names hide too much of the map. Can you leave the route line on a map but hide the waypoints?

I'm trying to copy a large route to attach on here. Whats the best way.

I can screenshot and open in photoshop but have not sust out how to highlight and copy direct from the map in order to create a JPEg of just a selection.

Is this due to copyright or me missing the obvious?

Also, if I zoom out enough to show the area on one page the waypoints and there names hide too much of the map. Can you leave the route line on a map but hide the waypoints?

Try doing a screen shot Alt+PrtScn and then paste it in MS Paint and then save as a JPEG.

hth

T

Pretty much what I have been doing except using photoshop and sizing the Jpeg file from there.

Doesn't come out that clear - mainly due to the waypoint details obscuring the route. Ok if I just wanted to do a section but not clear when showing most of the route on one page - just too many waypoints which don't shrink when zoomed out.

I've just used a print to file utility to get the pdf files attached. You'll need a full version of Adobe Acrobat to do this. Word processing software might let you do similar.

If you have such a utility then click "file" "print" and select print to file from the drop down list where your default printer is named (may be called after the name of the software).

I've also found a Microsoft Office utility on my PC that does similar. Can't attache the file as, being Msoft, it is too big! The Adobe one is better anyway

Attachments

• map_2pdf.pdf
    89 KB · Views: 42
  • map_pdf.pdf
    75.9 KB · Views: 52
Why can't you set the map resolution in Mapsource with the level of detail you want.

Then do the bit you know to get the jpg into Photoshop then crop the jpg in Photoshop to the map area only :nenau

That works for me :thumb2

Hi, sorry for the slow response. I'll have to try the method above.

The route I was trying to get on one page or jpeg is from the middle of England up to the shetlands so had to shrink it.

Causes two problems, although the map shrinks the waypoints and their names remain quite big and spoil the map.

The other is a loss of definition after doing a screen print then compressing the image.

End result is a one page map that is not really clear enough to understand the route.

Not a major bummer but i have seen clearer ones so just wondered if there was a simple print option with the route but without the waypoints displayed.

Zoom in a bit.... pan around... taking screen shots and dropping them into photoshop (or other)... stitch them together into one big image...

you could also try printing from Mapsource into a program that prints to a file format of your choice.. (dunno what's all out there, but pdf writers do exist...)

Open the route in Google Earth and print from there...

Just some suggestions..

Al...

Back
Top Bottom