It could all go wrong -autocom & lectrics question??

CitiZen

Having read some of the interesting issues people have had connecting the Autocom up to the lectrics on the 1200gs, I have a question for the sage BeeM electricians on the site.

I have a SW moto tank bag with electrics, it uses a relayed direct feed from the battery.

Should I be fitting an inline fuse before connecting up the Autocom & Autocom bluetooth adapter to the tank bags system?

I'm guessing that as long as the tank bag is connected it will continue to take current from the battery & possibly drain it.

Is there a better place to find a 12V feed on the bike?

Right I'm off to search for Tobers post about fitting the Autocom on his 1200 :)

France on Monday, so I better decide quick :p

Shouldn't the relayed feed be fused?

And, if it's relayed doesn't it need power on ie an ignition feed source, to switch the tank bag power on? In which case as long as the ignition is off and the relay is working ok, there shouldn't be a problem :nenau

I say relayed, thats a presumption on my part as the documentation for the special power leads (the one that connects to the battery & is the connection to the power take off on the tank) has a box on it, into which the flat power cable divies up into two more normal wires, I would take a picture but I've fitted the bugger to the bike & it's buried behind the tank covers. Methinks time to google for some more documentation.

May be time to check my European breakdown cover :)

BTW NN's delivery & service was very good.

If anyone is up for a Skype chat, pm me (please, oh help!)

I'm off for me dinner.

Ha ha, the SW moto tank electrical connection is indeed relayed & fused, I feel a quick & dirty solution is going to be made with a slightly more reasoned (& permanent) fix when I get back.

Wish me luck, first time I've been abroad on the bike :thumb

Back
Top Bottom